free website stats program bells | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

bells

As some have already said, they are supposed to be given to you by a friend and they are suppossed to keep you safe as you ride. I've also been told that if you buy one for yourself and put it on that it won't have the same effect, it must be given to you by somebody that cares.

A good friend of mine gave me one when I ordered my bike, and it is the first thing that I installed when it came in. It means a lot to me because of who gave it to me, plus it seems to be working so far.

My daughter dropped me off when I went to pick the new bike up and handed me the bell she bought. I didn't even know she knew about the tradition. It made it mean something otherwise I probably wouldn't care.

Since I can use all the luck I can get, I've got two bells on my bike. Both given to me by my son and daughter. The bells must be hung as low as possible to catch all those critters of bad mo-jo. I also carry a bible and gun for good measure. Can't be too careful. :D I think I'm good for just about anything thrown my way. . . well, maybe not everything.
Ugly John

My wife bought mine for me . I keep it on the frame beside my Saint Christophers medal . Dont know if it works but I hope so.

As I understand it, they are supposed to be hanging from a point low down on the bike and close to the ground.

TQ

A friend of mine picked up his new Ultra Classic last April and was given a bell by a mutual friend. I had never heard of the tradition till then. He put the bell between the forks over the fender. Well it was discovered, when he got home, that the bell had broken loose and hit the fender. Even though it was small it left a nasty little scratch in the fender. He's not a big fan of the bell!

Back