free website stats program bel-ray oil | Harley Davidson Forums

bel-ray oil

hi, i just heard about bel-ray 10-50w v-twin oil. is this any good? not sure 10-50w can be used in a v-twin. it is a syn. oil. i am running amsoil now, just looking for something better. i have a 2003 heritage softail. any info would be great, thank in advance.

I have been running Bel-Ray for about 3 Yrs. now. I was running Mobil1 but I didn't like the valve clatter. Switched to Bel-Ray and no more clatter. 35,000 miles since I switched over and I am a believer.

Well belray does make some fine products I used their synthetic oils in my boys motocross bike when he raced

I dont think you can go wrong with Belray. I would try it but its just not easily accessible to me. I wouldn't hesitate to switch.

Is there a benefit going from 20W-50 to the 10W? Do any of the other makers produce the 10W?

The advantage of going to a 10-50 is only seen when starting in colder temperatures. The oil's viscosity is 10w when cold allowing for an easier start and the oil gets flowing to the top end quicker. When the oil gets to operating temperature it thickens to it's intended 50w.

The advantage of going to a 10-50 is only seen when starting in colder temperatures. The oil's viscosity is 10w when cold allowing for an easier start and the oil gets flowing to the top end quicker. When the oil gets to operating temperature it thickens to it's intended 50w.

Steve, are you saying as the oil gets hotter, it gets thicker?

Just asking
Bill

Back