free website stats program Being new to Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

Being new to Harley

trvlr

and never having paid attention to biker gangs, etc, I go up to the local HD dealership who was having a 10yr anniversary with some killer live bands, 20% off everything except bikes and I talk to the parts guys who says 20% is only parts in the store, but says what the heck, and gives me 20% off a SE compensator, locking bar and a cigarette lighter that "fell off" my bike <wink wink> -

Gotta put a plug in here for HD Crystal River -they've treated me real well. I was up there a few weeks back just hanging out front listening to bikes roll in and spoke to this one couple that rode up from Ft. Myers, which is about a 4hr ride, to trade in their bike for a 2010 model that they said the HD dealerships in and around Ft. Myers didn't come close to the deal they got there. So thumbs up for HD of Crystal River, FL.

Anyway, I'm listening to the music and saw my first "Outlaw" biker dude. Top bar said "Outlaws" and bottom bar says "Germany" ?? Didn't talk to the fella as hear best to just leave these boys alone, but I guess bottom bar overseas states the country? Anyone know on that.

and never having paid attention to biker gangs, etc, I go up to the local HD dealership who was having a 10yr anniversary with some killer live bands, 20% off everything except bikes and I talk to the parts guys who says 20% is only parts in the store, but says what the heck, and gives me 20% off a SE compensator, locking bar and a cigarette lighter that "fell off" my bike <wink wink> -

Gotta put a plug in here for HD Crystal River -they've treated me real well. I was up there a few weeks back just hanging out front listening to bikes roll in and spoke to this one couple that rode up from Ft. Myers, which is about a 4hr ride, to trade in their bike for a 2010 model that they said the HD dealerships in and around Ft. Myers didn't come close to the deal they got there. So thumbs up for HD of Crystal River, FL.

Anyway, I'm listening to the music and saw my first "Outlaw" biker dude. Top bar said "Outlaws" and bottom bar says "Germany" ?? Didn't talk to the fella as hear best to just leave these boys alone, but I guess bottom bar overseas states the country? Anyone know on that.
Indeed, and do not attempt to make conversation unless they initiate it, They are a proud bunch and live in there own rules, It is strange to see them flying there colors again, here in Jacksonville, I have known a few and they are off the radar now, They are having a war with the Angels over control of MN. right now, Capital Jack

yea, I've picked up from other posts on this forum that its better to let them be. They're a pretty rough bunch from the documentaries I've watched on I think it's discovery channel. They're big in Orlando and Daytona...and got into all kinds of stuff with the Warlocks in and around that area. Not my world brother. I'm just a country boy from the hills of southern Kentucky. I kinda like it that way lol.

Was just curious. Have never seen them before and I did notice that he and his woman kept to theirselves, and most others around him kept to themselves as well.

my thing is..... this %1 guy was there keeping to his self.... so hez not bothering anybody hez not causing trouble. but hez not enjoying his self he can't be every body else is talking motorcycles and trips they made on there bike this year having a great time and here is this guy sitting in the corner.....now call me crazy but is this what being a biker is all about? nah.....no way i bet the guy was thinking if i didn't have this patch on i could meet nice people and have a good time 2 but no i gotta sit in the corner and look mean....

Give these folks a wide path. Just ignore them. When I was in Sturgis a few years ago me and a buddy[21 y.o.] went into a tavern to cool off. He wanted a beer so I said I would hang with him[I don't drink]. Well a h.a. came in and stood next to my buddy [we were at the bar]and ordered a beer. He took a couple of sips and I saw my buddy lean over to him and ask something. The h.a. started going off [swearing] and carrying on. Then another h.a. came from a table that was towards the back of the tavern. He was pacing back and forth behind us. There was a long mirror behind the bar and I was watching him. A few minutes latter both the h.a.'s went to their table. We finished our drinks and went outside. I asked Tony [my buddy] what in the world did you say to him? Tony said that he wondered if he could get a picture of him beating on a h.a. guy. I said now listen. We need to talk.

oh boy....leave it to a 21y/o to possibly get himself and his buddies around him into trouble. Theres a leather shop just down the road from here and they had these rings that the gal said bikers like to come in and pick those things up as they come in real handy in bar room brawls. Theres just some folks that love to fight. And it doesn't take much to flip that switch. Sounds like your friend came close to running across one of them there types - tense moments I'm sure. Glad that's all it was.

Sounds like this had nothing to do with the biker being an HA.

Your friend came up to a stranger and basically asked "hey, you dumb (fill in the blank with whatever group you want to make fun of), let me take a picture of me making you look bad."

Personally, I think the HA showed remarkable restraint!

There must have been a cop outside the bar and the HA did not want to go to jail that day. Your buddy is lucky to still have a face. You sure he didn't say "beating me up" ?

Back