free website stats program Before and after | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Before and after

I am in the process of doing the same thing. I have an extra tin set all the way around to include the fairing.

Which brand did you go with? I have been using Duplicolor tried the blue can first but am having better luck with the body armor (black can).

It looks good!

I am in the process of doing the same thing. I have an extra tin set all the way around to include the fairing.

Which brand did you go with? I have been using Duplicolor tried the blue can first but am having better luck with the body armor (black can).

It looks good!

I used Rust-Oleum. I was told that some of the other brands soften up a bit when sitting in the sun for a while. I found some info regarding this product and was told that it cures hard like a plastic and if I ever wanted to repaint all I have to do is sand and prep and its good to go. Also I don't roll it on I bought a gun on Ebay so I could shoot it.

I used Rust-Oleum. I was told that some of the other brands soften up a bit when sitting in the sun for a while. I found some info regarding this product and was told that it cures hard like a plastic and if I ever wanted to repaint all I have to do is sand and prep and its good to go. Also I don't roll it on I bought a gun on Ebay so I could shoot it.

Hadn't heard anything bad about other products myself, but do know that with the Dupli-Color you have to keep the application thin and let it dry and it looks and has good strength and resistance. (Blue can)

Dupli-Color Bed Armor (Black can) goes on a little thicker, but you have to keep to several thin coats, dries quick (15 min) and is rubbery when it is drying. After it dries it seems to harden up pretty good.

When I finish I will post some pics.

Either way yours looks good, hope it wears well.

When I

Back