Beautiful day for a ride in Mid-TN

Discussion in 'South East' started by waterdog, Dec 31, 2008.

1. waterdog

waterdog Active Member

Wow! What a nice day for a ride in Mid-TN yesterday. [​IMG]

I took a 105 mile ride around Maury and Williamson County back roads on a beautiful December 30th afternoon. Clear blue skies, sun shining bright, and a balmy 62 degrees at kickstand up at 1pm. It got a little bit chilly just before the sun went down, but was still above 55 degrees.

It was my first real ride in over 2.5 months. I got to test out my newly healed broken clutch arm (mine, not the bike's), and a new throttle lock paddle that clips to the star-wheel. Both performed extremely well!

I just hope January has at least a few such days as yesterday, but today it's a high of 39! And nothing above 50 in the 10 day forecast.

2. drake

drake Senior Member

Must be nice. Weather here got to about 30 degrees. Still waiting for another day like we had last week. temp rose to 72 degrees. got a nice ride in that day!!!

3. DevilDogBagger

DevilDogBagger Member

The wife and I just went for a ride down the mountain from crossville to sparta, then backroads home. Was mid to high 60's :D it was nice to get out and ride today.... I'm ready for summer..

4. jkelley

jkelley Member

65 here today and sunny. The weather forecast was way wrong. I had to change plans and go ride....

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

May an icestorm rain on your parade:D

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

we are getting it now:(

7. DevilDogBagger

DevilDogBagger Member

Yep it when from sugar to (edited) around 2pm but I knew it was going to rain.

:bigsmiley33:

[notes]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/notes]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009