free website stats program Beads that go over your saddle. Which is cooler? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Beads that go over your saddle. Which is cooler?

Which type of bead keeps you cooler? WOOD or CERAMIC if all else is the same.

• Wood will keep you cooler.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ceramic will keep you cooler.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Randy,

Are these made to fit from or do you buy them tailor fit?

I was thinking to "gel" my stock seat on the FLHR . ? never tried anything like beads or the gel before..

signed....BUBBIE

OOPSY, this is a poll not a chat place...Sorry My bad..

Moderator you may remove any and all my post if necessary..BUBBIE

w

While I will not go as far as to say the ceramic ones will keep you cooler, I do believe the ceramic ones will look newer for a longer period of time.

The woods ones probably perform just as well but from what I have seen the color (paint) wears off of them where I do not see that happening with the ceramic version because the color is constant throughout the bead.
Just wanted to say that yes, the wooden beads do loose their luster after a couple of years. What I do to remedy their worn out look is I pick up a can of black lacquer paint at Wal-Mart for like $2.00 and then remove the beaded seat from the bike and hang it up on the clothes line and give them a couple of coatings of paint and they look bran new all over again. In fact the lacquer paint that I purchased is much better than the paint that was on it originally. It really looks good afterwards. Another thing that I do is I purchase from Sears. or Home Depot, the perforated tool box drawer liners. They are rubber based. I'll use the beaded seat as a template and cut the drawer liner to the shape of the seat, maybe just a wee bit smaller so it doesn't stick out from the edges of the seat. Now any concern that I had of the beads leaving permanent "dimples" on my seat are put to rest. I checked and they don't leave marks. FYI, the beads aren't really uncomfortable at all and they really give good air flow underneath your behind. I'd be really curious as to who has the beaded seat and doesn't like it.

He's talking about mine. :D I've had mine since 07 and yes they do look a little faded. TripleJ's does look black and shiny compared to mine. When I ordered mine all they had at the time was wood beads. I can't say that if i was to order new ones that I would get the ceramic ones. I guess I'm just used to the way the wood ones look. :s
Randall .. .. .

Wow I'm gonna check these out. How do they attach or do you just sit on them ? I bought a HD OEM woven mesh seat pad on Ebay and loved it. But the strap on it was made for an OEM Roadglide seat and would not fit my Mustang seat. It would just fall off when I dismounted the bike, so I sold it to a guy on this forum that had a bike it would fit. I loved the way it felt though, really kept a layer of air between your rear and the seat.

Wow I'm gonna check these out. How do they attach or do you just sit on them ? I bought a HD OEM woven mesh seat pad on Ebay and loved it. But the strap on it was made for an OEM Roadglide seat and would not fit my Mustang seat. It would just fall off when I dismounted the bike, so I sold it to a guy on this forum that had a bike it would fit. I loved the way it felt though, really kept a layer of air between your rear and the seat.

I recently bought the wooden bead cover. Mine is sorta triangular shaped to fit the seat, and has small bungee cords at the corners to hold in place. I had to make a loop of string for the rear bungees to connect to each other under the seat. Anyone that is handy and has some patience, can buy a bead seat cover for a car and cut and tie to fit. Car bead covers are 1/2 the price and available in lots of places.

I recently bought the wooden bead cover. Mine is sorta triangular shaped to fit the seat, and has small bungee cords at the corners to hold in place. I had to make a loop of string for the rear bungees to connect to each other under the seat. Anyone that is handy and has some patience, can buy a bead seat cover for a car and cut and tie to fit. Car bead covers are 1/2 the price and available in lots of places.

I'm gonna look into this Breeze definitely before ' Tuesday's gone '. Just ' Gimme 3 Steps ' and I'm out the door to Walmart.

Seriously though on those long PGR rides when your coming home your butt starts to feel like it's glued to the vinyl. I think something like that would be nice especially if I could get it attached where it would stay put.

I have the ceramic beads on my seat, and after trying gel and others, I can truely say that for me beads are the best.

Re: w

Just wanted to say that yes, the wooden beads do loose their luster after a couple of years. What I do to remedy their worn out look is I pick up a can of black lacquer paint at Wal-Mart for like $2.00 and then remove the beaded seat from the bike and hang it up on the clothes line and give them a couple of coatings of paint and they look bran new all over again. In fact the lacquer paint that I purchased is much better than the paint that was on it originally. It really looks good afterwards. Another thing that I do is I purchase from Sears. or Home Depot, the perforated tool box drawer liners. They are rubber based. I'll use the beaded seat as a template and cut the drawer liner to the shape of the seat, maybe just a wee bit smaller so it doesn't stick out from the edges of the seat. Now any concern that I had of the beads leaving permanent "dimples" on my seat are put to rest. I checked and they don't leave marks. FYI, the beads aren't really uncomfortable at all and they really give good air flow underneath your behind. I'd be really curious as to who has the beaded seat and doesn't like it.

Thanks for the tip, now I know what to get R.Bingham for Christmas :p

Back