free website stats program Beads that go over your saddle. Which is cooler? | Harley Davidson Forums

Beads that go over your saddle. Which is cooler?

Which type of bead keeps you cooler? WOOD or CERAMIC if all else is the same.

• Wood will keep you cooler.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Ceramic will keep you cooler.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzCap7

WHICH of the beaded seat covers (goes on TOP of your saddle) is better?

The one made out of WOOD or CERAMIC?

Thank you!

BuzzCap7

Im hoping the ceramic from what i read on their web site cause that is what i ordered 2 days ago.Have not recieved them yet

While I will not go as far as to say the ceramic ones will keep you cooler, I do believe the ceramic ones will look newer for a longer period of time.

The woods ones probably perform just as well but from what I have seen the color (paint) wears off of them where I do not see that happening with the ceramic version because the color is constant throughout the bead.

I just got my WOODEN beads a week ago, and am trying to determine if I like them or not. Now you tell me there's ceramic ones available.:newsmile093:

I get the wooden ones from Wal-mart made for a car and cut it dow to fit the bike seat. Sure you lose some beads but for the price just try it, you can make several from one car seat.

MY thoughts on this after a "Way too long in the saddle feeling"

Do they make FOAM beads? Not joking, Firm Foam?

I might need to try something for the long Hot rides I want to do, but don't want permanent Body markings even where they don't show.:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

I might need to try something for the long Hot rides I want to do, but don't want permanent Body markings even where they don't show.:newsmile036:

signed....BUBBIE

They make this stuff: Convoluted Foam.
Never sat on it, so I don't know how good it is.

Attachments

• convoluted foam.jpg
    convoluted foam.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 7
While I will not go as far as to say the ceramic ones will keep you cooler, I do believe the ceramic ones will look newer for a longer period of time.

The woods ones probably perform just as well but from what I have seen the color (paint) wears off of them where I do not see that happening with the ceramic version because the color is constant throughout the bead.

He's talking about mine. :D I've had mine since 07 and yes they do look a little faded. TripleJ's does look black and shiny compared to mine. When I ordered mine all they had at the time was wood beads. I can't say that if i was to order new ones that I would get the ceramic ones. I guess I'm just used to the way the wood ones look. :s

Here is mine after 4 1/2 years and about 37,000 miles of use.(sorry pics are from phone camera)
Beads1.jpg

Compare to pillion beads which have little use.
Beads2.jpg

HTH,
Randall

p.s. I bet Glider spots the can of pledge.

signed....BUBBIE
SIR BUBBIE, I can tell you that after 4 1/2 years and about 37,000 miles you will not have any permanent markings or even temporary markings that I have noticed. What I have noticed is a bottom that can sit in the saddle for hours longer, and my bottom doesn't get a heat rash in 100+ degree heat.

You can actually feel the air moving through the beads if you ride on say a 50* day. It will be noticeably colder. On hot days I can't say I feel the air but I don't get a hot bottom either. :D I have friend who takes his off in the winter. I just leave mine on year around.

It is probably the best $60 (rider & pillion set) that I have ever spent on accessories.

Back