free website stats program Be Careful Out There | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Be Careful Out There

I watched it from the beginning without notice of the time, and was getting into his ride, At 3:48 WOW what a shocker! Both very lucky.
I encounter those situations frequently over here with mopeds, but a guy doing that over there is something else. My second thought about it was "there would be witnesses".

Yeah, Alex said he was pretty hot. I'm not sure when he went back, but he did talk to the other guy at some point. He said the guy started in on him.........what?????

He, (the other guy was mad over his boot getting torn up). ???? REALLY????

Just glad it turned out okay for both. It wouldn't have taken much for either rider to react and as mentioned, it could have had very different results.

I am thoroughly convinced that my guardian angel rides on my shoulder, that is the only explanation for this turning out O.K., no matter the skill! (IMHO)

Great judgement? The other guy is in the wrong lane going 70 miles per hour!:unsure

Ruby what I was referring to wasn't the cause, but the reactions of each rider. Doesn't really matter what gets a fellow in to a situation like that, Lawyers and such make their living out of deciphering all that, what counts is what each does during that split second of occurrence. I think each rider showed excellent judgement "during" the event. Now just prior to them going head on, that oncoming rider, obviously, was in too hot.

I've gotten my hand caught in the cookie jar a few times myself, so I'm a classic example of hindsight is 20/20, and a bit more forgiving... :D

What did he say that he did not even miss a beat. I would have had to stop. It a wonder the other guy did not hit the guard rail....

Those darn crotch rockets going beyond their ability, had a similar situation going around a corner here in nor. cal. when a crotch rocket hit a corner too fast and was in my lane, not fun.

Just a few months ago two riders were killed on Santiago Canyon Rd. in east Orange County. The offender was going too fast into a curve that is easily manageable at even 70mph and hit another rider going in the other direction head-on. Both were killed. The non-offender was followed by a guy and his girlfriend who ran into the wreck. Both of them were hospitalized.

Here is a link to the article if anyone is interested.

Two killed in motorcycle crash ID'd | canyon, road, honda - News - The Orange County Register

Note the offender was a 60 year old cop who hit a 24 year old that was apparently going under the posted speed limit.

Finally, we have lost five riders in that canyon in the last 12 months. I lived back here for over twenty years and don't recall one like this.

I was amazed that the rider with the camera seemed to keep super cool! It's as if he didn't even see it happen (although I know he did). I would've turned around and probably ended up in jail for assault. That's an eye-opening, amazing video. I am very leary of "popular" riding roads for that very reason - especially when such a substantial number of the riders out there are people who have NO business on a bike.

I am very leary of "popular" riding roads for that very reason - especially when such a substantial number of the riders out there are people who have NO business on a bike.

Mongo... That's a very good point. I ride Deals Gap several times a year and better riders than me have been taken down on that road, no fault of their own. I always keep both hands on the levers, and the bike oriented to evade! So many young bucks out there to try and prove such.

So many good riders out there on the sport bikes, but they are only good 99% of the time.

Back