free website stats program Batwing Tallboy Handlebars 56184-08 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Batwing Tallboy Handlebars 56184-08

Thanks dolt! I am really doing all I can to stay "within" the fairing. But for anyone else going higher, I have seen a youtube video where the guy doing the recording shows no need to extend the wiring for up to 12", I think. HD put enough wire to extend the bars! I know, it seems strange to me too!

I have seen guy on Youtube that should be embarrassed for ever posting a video to show how ill equipped they were for the project; everybody thinks they are an expert........:rolleyes: I would not put complete trust in a Youtube video. All I can tell you is that it will depend on the bars and the bike but if you are planning to do this it would be smart to take some measurements first. You can DIY the project, bars, extended clutch/throttle-idle cable, brake line and wire extension for between $400-$500. IIRC, your 2014 FLHX is TBW so that should be taken into consideration as well. You will not be a happy camper if you get the bars off and the new bars on and discover that extended cables or wires are required to finish the install.........;)

I have seen guy on Youtube that should be embarrassed for ever posting a video to show how ill equipped they were for the project; everybody thinks they are an expert........:rolleyes: I would not put complete trust in a Youtube video. All I can tell you is that it will depend on the bars and the bike but if you are planning to do this it would be smart to take some measurements first. You can DIY the project, bars, extended clutch/throttle-idle cable, brake line and wire extension for between $400-$500. IIRC, your 2014 FLHX is TBW so that should be taken into consideration as well. You will not be a happy camper if you get the bars off and the new bars on and discover that extended cables or wires are required to finish the install.........;)
I completely agree! A lot of things people put on youtube makes the project seem much easier than it is, IMO. I guess it's all in the editing. I am not a real handy guy but did have a 2008 FLHTC that I did put apehangers on, did not have to extend the wiring, but was a multiple weekend project. After that, it was a nicer ride than stock!

I put the Khrome Werks 2+2 on my electraglide with no cable changes or extensions needed. Just rerouted the clutch cable for an extra inch or so. Bars are a little taller than the outside edge of the fairing now.

I put the Khrome Werks 2+2 on my electraglide with no cable changes or extensions needed. Just rerouted the clutch cable for an extra inch or so. Bars are a little taller than the outside edge of the fairing now.
What year is your bike? Cable or hydraulic line? 2014 Streetglides are hydraulic.

Back