free website stats program Batwing question | Harley Davidson Forums

Batwing question

scottma3

I have a 05 roadking classic and am looking to possibly add a batwing for long trips. Does anyone have one or do you suggest a brand and price to get the most for the money. Do they work as they say they do and are they as easy to install and uninstall on the bike? HELP

Scottma3...welcome to the HDTimeline forum, and your first post...HD is a mighty fine one, another is by Hoppe...and their "batwing" version is available for Sportsters too, which I was eyeing before I decided to put on HD full clear quick release QR version, because it was the right time, and I like the fairing-less or invisible Lexan ones. It is nice to have the batwing style, though the storage is somewhat limited, and the style and complexity may match the touring look more...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/6020-fairings_for_bikes.html

I put a Dragonfly fairing on my 97 RoadKing and I loved it It was by far the best change I made to the bike

I have an aftermarket fairing on my 09 Roadking, can be purchased thru Fox Harley, Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada. Not sure of who else carries them. Made by local guy who sells thru Harley. Everytime I take bike out with fairing on I get nothing but compliments on fairing. Even mechanics at my local dealer have mentioned nicest looking fairing they have ever seen. Will try to post pic for you.

In the Oct 2010 (current) Hot Bike Baggers magazine they installed a Memphis Shades Batwing HD fairing on a 99 Road King - looked real good & the proce was $229.95-fairing, $137.95-mount kit, $87.95-14" windshield. There's also a 5" smoke windshield for $69.95 for a more sporty look. Might want to take a look...

a buddy has a quadzilla batwing on his Roadstar that looks good and has nice addons like stereo etc....seems good quality and has one plug to disconnect and then just a couple bolts and its off.

I have a Hoppe fairing I love it coz we take very long rides like 2 or 3 weeks and sometime i love listening to music also . Gives me a great radio. and a lil more air is directed to my passenger as well. This is my first Harley as well and when i was shopping for a Bike the ultra felt a lil top heavy. I was 58 and have never been on a bike before thats why i fell in love with the road king. The fairing pops on and off like the windshield. It was 1500.00 dollars. I also have a connection for a mp3 player and a power out let which i did not have before. also what nice about fixin my RK with the detachable tourpak and the fair i can make it look like a standard RK in less that 15 minutes lol

jpg.gif back View.jpg (85.4 KB)
jpg.gif Hoppe fairin on the Bike.jpg (91.5 KB)
jpg.gif front view.jpg (46.7 KB)

Attachments

• back View.jpg
    back View.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Hoppe fairin on the Bike.jpg
    Hoppe fairin on the Bike.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 75
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 63
I have a Hoppe fairing I love it coz we take very long rides like 2 or 3 weeks and sometime i love listening to music also . Gives me a great radio. and a lil more air is directed to my passenger as well. This is my first Harley as well and when i was shopping for a Bike the ultra felt a lil top heavy. I was 58 and have never been on a bike before thats why i fell in love with the road king. The fairing pops on and off like the windshield. It was 1500.00 dollars. I also have a connection for a mp3 player and a power out let which i did not have before. also what nice about fixin my RK with the detachable tourpak and the fair i can make it look like a standard RK in less that 15 minutes lol

jpg.gif back View.jpg (85.4 KB)
jpg.gif Hoppe fairin on the Bike.jpg (91.5 KB)
jpg.gif front view.jpg (46.7 KB)

Fourdogs,
Love that lighted windshield, your bikes looks great. Now I need to put a roadking front on my ultra lol.

And let me be the first to tell ya --- this scoot is even better looking up close and in person!!! Fourdogs has one beautiful King!!!!!

Back