free website stats program batwing on a fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

batwing on a fatboy

98-Fatboy

i tried to do a search to see if anybody has asked this question... didn't find anything... has anyone put a batwing on a fatboy or a similar HD fairing on a fatboy..?? i have searched for this on-line and have come up with a lot of aftermarket places prices ranging from $600.00 (without radio) to about $1500.00 (with radio) right now i have a detachable windshield on my fatboy and i was also wondering could i just buy any HD fairing with the right brackets mount to my detachable hardware already in place..??
thanks

98-Fatboy, I have the same problem. I'm looking to put a faring on my heritage and running into the same type links all detachable cheap looking fairings. Ebay has some but it's getting them to fit the front fork/ I like the function and look of the Road Glide mount to Frame verses the Batwing that mounts on the fork (Street Glide) and yes way not but the Touring Model (PRICE)

98-Fatboy,
I have the same problem. I'm looking to put a faring on my heritage and running into the same type links all detachable cheap looking fairings. Ebay has some but it's getting them to fit the front fork/ I like the function and look of the Road Glide mount to Frame verses the Batwing that mounts on the fork (Street Glide) and yes way not but the Touring Model (PRICE)

I put the Hoppe Fairing on my RK...I was new to all this and bought my first bike at age 58 (retirement gift) lol...and Lov it. To answer Smitty question..I would have loved to bought a Ultra but when I was lookin never been on a Bike..other than one ya peddle...in my life...The Ultra felt so top heavy and scared me a bit...of course I changed my RK into what my friends call my Ultra King...Now of course I wish I would have learned to handle the Ultra....would have saved lots of money....lol Naw probably not!...I did it mainly coz the wife and I love to travel on this thing.i.e. 51,000 miles on a O4...lol and Love listening to Music along the way...yeah a pretty expensive radio huh!...lol

Thats was not me that ask WHY on this one I have seen some darn neat one done:) right

I think the way I answered was confusing...and what I meant to say was...I have a Hoppe fairing and love it thats part 1....part 2 was explain why I got one...and why I got it..I love it ..I was sayin I was uncomfortable...sittin on a Ultra..its why I went the route I went....was brand new rider and and a bit afraid of the Ultra...sorry I was not tryin to be a smart butt..lol sorry it was misunderstood. all the fairing I have seen are great....the sound system and cost what caused me to choose the Hoppe....hope that clears up any misunderstanding I may have created....:D...your right btw Smitty the "Why " was for Chips....

My ridding buddy gave me a 99 Ultra Classic factory fairing so i had to make it fit. After 100 hours and about 600 dollars in materials it is on and i love it. the bike handles better and also i can corner better on it for some reason. Also my MPG went up a couple. I used the stock windshield brkts and you can take it on and off just like the stock windshield. I did not use the inner so i have no radio or anything like that.

Ok so how do i put the picture of it on here.

My ridding buddy gave me a 99 Ultra Classic factory fairing so i had to make it fit. After 100 hours and about 600 dollars in materials it is on and i love it. the bike handles better and also i can corner better on it for some reason. Also my MPG went up a couple. I used the stock windshield brkts and you can take it on and off just like the stock windshield. I did not use the inner so i have no radio or anything like that.

Ok so how do i put the picture of it on here.

You need 5 posts to do that. Use a photo bucket account.

Harley Davidson Community

I found some nice ones how this one look to you?

i tried to do a search to see if anybody has asked this question... didn't find anything... has anyone put a batwing on a fatboy or a similar HD fairing on a fatboy..?? i have searched for this on-line and have come up with a lot of aftermarket places prices ranging from $600.00 (without radio) to about $1500.00 (with radio) right now i have a detachable windshield on my fatboy and i was also wondering could i just buy any HD fairing with the right brackets mount to my detachable hardware already in place..??
thanks

Attachments

• Softail.jpg
    Softail.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33
Back