free website stats program Batwing for a Road King classic, is it wrong | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Batwing for a Road King classic, is it wrong

Some of the after market fairings are very nice, some not so much. Find a nice one and get it painted to match your bike and you should be happy. I put an aftermarket fairing on a Kawasaki Nomad 1600 and I was quite pleased with its appearance and function.

If you think about it ,the only additional stuff you MIGHT have to fix have nothing to do with ride ability, just creature comfort ..I'll take my comfort ,,thank you ..What's the worst inconvenience...the radio quits...
There you go. The whole range of thoughts. I like simple and I hate all the radio and electrics that inevitably go along with the bat wing. Just a bunch of stuff to fix down the road. Like one great past member used to say "your ride you decide". Let us know what you decide.

If you think about it ,the only additional stuff you MIGHT have to fix have nothing to do with ride ability, just creature comfort ..I'll take my comfort ,,thank you ..What's the worst inconvenience...the radio quits...

Just something else you WILL have to mess with. Skips , cut outs. rubbed wires. Not even mentioning the rattles, buzzes, vibrations, etc. Sooner or later its a distraction.

An Ipod and a set of ear buds sounds better and is way less hassle in the long run IMO. Yes, an Ipod with ear buds in your ear is illegal in some states but so is speeding........

Its like Amsoil, some people love it. Some people hate it.

I Have a Wide Open Quick Detach Fairing for my FLHRCI. It attaches to the same mounts that the shield uses. You can switch between the two of them in seconds.

DSC05239.jpg

DSC05241.jpg

Research & check out Woody's Fairings.

Look at my girl:
FullyDressedRoadKing.jpg

You tell me if it is wrong.

Enjoy,
Rich P

That looks good on there, does it have a stereo or any gauges in it?
I don't need a stereo. I like to listen to V-Twin music. Mine has no guages or stereo, which complicates the R & R of the fairing (wiring & interconnects), which goes right where the old windshield attaches, with a bit of a mod in hardware to hinder quick theft of the fairing. In any case, Woody makes a fairing inner that accomodates audio systems, and even has a configuration that supplies one.

Here is a linkie: motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King Heritage Softail

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back