free website stats program Battery | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery

Thanks for the heads up on HD batteries. I should probably get a couple more years out of mine, but when the time comes, I will be sure to choose HD.

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

Don't forget to check this place out! http://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm I swear by them... :D

Definitely, M&M beats pricing on almost everything (i.e. Sportster battery #65958-04A fm HD = $99.95/fm M&M = $79.99), but in this case adding shipping will probably make the price break close to getting fm local dealer & you can have bike back on the road same day. IMO, go to HD for quickest fix & ask for discount (HOG member, slow winter sales, etc.).

I sell industrial batteries and AGM deep cycle batteries we put in the Taylor Dunn electric vehicles I also sell. I would definitely stick with an AGM battery. The Harley batteries are AGM type and are obviously made by someone else.

But, the price is about normal $80-$90. I don't think I could get an AGM motorcycle battery much cheaper than $50 wholesale. So, for piece of mind, you should probably stick with the Harley battery. They seem to have a good track record from my research. I think Deka makes the batteries for Harley. Deka is the leading manufacture in batteries in the world and we sell a lot of Deka industrial batteries. I will probably get a Deka AGM wholesale when I need to replace my Harley AGM.

One more fun fact. AGM batteries should never be discharged to less than 50% capacity. While wet cell batteries can be discharged to less than 15% with no adverse affects. The AGM batteries life will be reduced dramadically if discharged to much.

AGM batteries like to be kept charged fully and this means that a battery tender will be needed if you are not going to ride the bike on a regular basis.

All, thanks for your feedback I think I'll buy the one from HD :s

Can anyone tell me if the OptiMate-3 will be ok to use on the HD battery?

Thanks

Daren

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry but can anyone tell me if the OptiMate-3 will be ok to use on the HD battery?

Thanks

Daren

Sure.. I don't see why not. I've got a Optimate 4 I use with my batteries. HD brand batteries are made by a company that brands those same batteries for "other" manufactures.

Go for it!

I use the optimate 3 on my bikes got one mounted in the ceiling of each of the bike sheds and just plug them in as needed

Brian

Hi, before I run off to HD can you tell me if this would work?

Harley 883 XLH Sportster Softail 04-09 Battery HVT-3
L = 150mm, W = 87mm, H = 146mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back