free website stats program Battery Trickler/Charger | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Trickler/Charger

probertory

I am looking for a inexpensive battery charger/trickler. Any ideas of what to look for and/or stay away from?

go to batteries plus!they have the same units hd sells in either the .75 amp or the 1.25 amp charger.had the .75 on my 05 e glide and still have the original battery in it.never been taken out.

Optimate works well i have one in each shed so always have 2 bikes on charge i swap the bikes on charge every couple of weeks

Brian

Walmart sells a unit called Battery Companion by Schumacher $18.00 Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts have the same unit; but for twice the price. I've been using one since the first week I bought my bike just over Three years ago and have been happy with the results.

Battery Tender Jr. .75 amp is the way to go. At only about $30.00 you cant go wrong, remember you get what you pay for. I bought one a few weeks ago and am happy with my decision.

Harbor Freight does carry a trickle charger that is "styled" very much like the Battery Tender but at less than 1/2 the price ($15), don't know if it is the "private label" version, but very likely...! Personally I went with the more rugged Battery Tender made for the JetSki crowd, $45 but is potted so it is moisture and drop resistant...I do get rather butter fingered when working around the bike in the garage.

Back