free website stats program battery tender | Harley Davidson Forums

battery tender

chief9042

Can anyone tell me where the plug is for a battery tender on a 2010 Ultra Limited. I am probably looking right at it but you know how that goes. Thanks for the help in advance.

Can anyone tell me where the plug is for a battery tender on a 2010 Ultra Limited. I am probably looking right at it but you know how that goes. Thanks for the help in advance.

May not be an installed option, look at your battery and trace the wires

This is not an automatic install from the MOCO. Usually the dealer will install, if they did look on the right side, near the side cover.....

Mine (10 Ultra Limited as well) is on the right side (if you're sitting on the bike at least), I believe it was tucked up behind the oil tank - as the previous folks said usually they're somewhere around there but my have gotten tucked up in there, if you've got it installed.

Check connections at battery, the ends that come with tender were to big for bat bolts and they had just wadded up the rest of wiring & stuffed in an opening. Must have been newbe or someone who did not care. I cut wiring to length I needed and soldered new ends on with heat shrink insulators.
Very good idea to check routing of wiring...you won't know unless you look.
wilks3

Check right around the right edge of the seat underneath....had no idea that my dealer installed one as they were just taking delivery for me (Military Sale)...I was in the process of taking the seat off and just for giggles I reached underneath and found it by accident :Banane17:

PD

Battery tender harness eyelets are color coded and attached to the battery terminal fasteners. The wires have an inline fuse holder and goes to a moulded black polarized plug. This is what mates to your Battery Tender...

tn656s3.jpg

If you buy a Battery Tender - this one is the slightly more rugged "potted" unit used for watercraft batteries, but it comes with a spare harness w/ eyelets and plug, so it should be no problem if the H-D dealer did not option yours with one. The spare wire harness with clips if if you pull the battery off the bike or want to jumper the terminals directly if the cables are out. :s

Does the Ultra have a cigarette lighter and is it hot all the time? That would work as well as anything if it is hot all the time. The center contact is the positive contact.

Just a hint checkout the battery minder, much better unit than the battery tender. It desulfsifies the battery when in maintinance mode which would be when fully charged. I have both & the battery minderis 100% better. checkit at batteryminder.com model 12117

Back