free website stats program Battery Tender | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender

+1 I absolutely agree with the tender, use one all the time year round. But you never know how long a battery will last. This past Memorial day pulled the Heritage out of the garage, yes it was on the tender and the light was green, no start, dead battery, 3 years-old. Had it tested and it was down to 25 cold cranking amps. So again, guess you never know, at least it happened at home and not out on the road. Yes still use the tender on my new battery.

My 05 Goldwing and my 09 Road Glide are both plugged into their own separate battery tenders whenever they are in the garage.

If I have the security on or if its snowing the bike is plugged into the tender, other than that I tend to be a bit lazy with it. If we are out riding at least once a week the bikes don't get plugged in, if my battery won't hold near100% charge over a week its toast in my books.

If I have the security on or if its snowing the bike is plugged into the tender, other than that I tend to be a bit lazy with it. If we are out riding at least once a week the bikes don't get plugged in, if my battery won't hold near100% charge over a week its toast in my books.
I would agree with this idea more than the others, and here is why. I feel that the constant use of a tender could mask a problem that you may not become aware of until you are off on a trip somewhere. If every thing is as it should be, a battery will stay near full charge for a good long time. If after a couple weeks I go to start the bike and get a weak turnover, then I know I have a problem, before, not after I have left the garage. I myself am getting 5-6 years from the HD battery. JMO.:s

Being a Florida guy. I dont even own a battery tender. My RK never sits for more than 2 days without my rearend on it and moving :D. Of course being in Fla. presents other issues so I guess it evens out............

Bodeen

Being a Florida guy. I dont even own a battery tender. My RK never sits for more than 2 days without my rearend on it and moving :D. Of course being in Fla. presents other issues so I guess it evens out............

Bodeen

Same here, I ride every day. (I don't do thunderstorms or hurricanes, except from a bar stool) :s I have a battery tender but only plug it in if I'm gonna be out of town for more than 3-4 days

Bodeen

Roger that I dont even own a car I ride every day:s

During winter hibernation my bike's plugged into the tender until spring thaw, but in the spring/summer/fall riding season - I plug it in if it sits more than a week.

During winter hibernation my bike's plugged into the tender until spring thaw, but in the spring/summer/fall riding season - I plug it in if it sits more than a week.

Same here, if I am riding daily, I don't bother. Other that that it is plugged in. Also, my truck, spare car, and lawnmower. All plugged in when not in use.

For the price that you pay for the Battery Tender and the results that you get from using it "batteries last longer & always charged up ready for use" they pay for themselves many times over. I have 2 of them in my garage! Even my lawn mower gets to use one!

Last edited:
Back