free website stats program Battery Tender | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender

Conde54

Just curious on how ofter I should plug my bike into the tendor. Is it bad to leave it plugged in all winter long? or should i unplug it for a while? Also what about during the riding season? Thanks -Dan

Welcome Conde54 to the HDTimeline forum. While others will weigh in shortly I would take a look in the Self Help tips tab near the top of the page to find info on the battery tender or the Search tab typing in keywords like battery tender for related posts.

The short answer is, if you are using the HD or Deltran Battery Tender you can leave it plugged in all winter long, it is micro-processor controlled to monitor voltage and regulate current to shut itself off and not overcharge the battery.

Last edited:
Mine is plugged in anytime the bike is not being ridden. I have not had to replace the battery in six years.

I have the battery tender plus and I plug mind in every time I'am not riding my bike have never had problem with batter in six years.:rider

Me tooooooooooooo when the bike is in the garage its plugged in. Plug it in and forget about it. Welcome to the Forum...TIm

+ one here, I do the same after each ride, its plugged in and during winter time it stays plugged in all winter long. Been doing this since 2005 on my first HD

IMO - listen to what the guys are saying - it is well worth the dollars or pounds - your battery will last much longer and I feel that it is one of those tools to keep the bike always ready to run!

Use mine the same way, in the garage plugged in always ready. The battery in the Softail is 4 yrs old and I got 5 yrs from the one in the Roadglide

Back