free website stats program Battery Tender..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender.....

DYNAGUY

Whats a good rule of thumb about using one? Bike sat for a week. Its been abnormally cold here this week. Went to start it up. It seemed like it almost had a dead battery. Couple of trys to get it fired up. Tech at dealer said alot of people keep one hooked up when ever they aint riding it. Said a lot of people riding 2000 models never had a battery issue.Their the ones that plug up when they aint riding.:hummer

I am with Hobbit (no not pregnant with a hobbit!) I have an 07 Road Glide and my battery was very low after about two weeks of sitting. My guess is there is battery drain with the security system, but it is only a guess. Got a battery tender and now have no problems with battery drain. I had to qualify the last statement because I know Glider would never agree that I have no problems!!:tounge:tounge

You got it! Somebody has to keep an eye on you :lolrolling

Yes the alarm does draw from the battery a small amount. It will run it down to a degree.:hii

You're getting so smart, I won't be needed here soon.:D

Well OK then , let the games begin.

I just came back from a nice ride. Had my heated gloves on and the temp was about 39*. Very refreshing to say the least.:lero

I was out for a couple of hours today, It got up to 51. in St. Louis prediction for tomorrow is 65. As for the battery I leave mine hooked up anytime I'm not riding. I got a Shumacher Battery Companion at Walmart for 18.00 bucks.

Last edited:
Whats a good rule of thumb about using one? Tech at dealer said alot of people keep one hooked up when ever they aint riding it.:hummer

Hello Dynaguy:D

I keep mine plugged during the winter, or anytime am out of town on summer days. :)

Never had to buy one.:p

i also keep mine plugged in if I'm not going to ride for a week or two. it has the factory alarm and it will trickle away your power slowly:nosad

hi new member here . during rainy season i dont get on bike much and have been using a battery tender for over 2 years. by keeping a charge in battery the battery will not begin to sulfate which is cause of killing batteries!::)

hi new member here . during rainy season i dont get on bike much and have been using a battery tender for over 2 years. by keeping a charge in battery the battery will not begin to sulfate which is cause of killing batteries!::)
Amen to that Falcon
Glad you joined us.
Bet you're gonna meet a lot af nice people here!:bigsmiley28:

Back