free website stats program Battery Tender Jr | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender Jr

J

Jack Klarich

The reason that the green light doesn’t come on immediately is that when the charger first comes on, the battery is sitting there, fully charged, at a voltage of about 12.9 volts. The charger immediately tries to bring the battery voltage up to about 14.5 volts. This takes a finite amount of time, although it should only be a few minutes if the battery is fully charged. Then, when the battery reaches 14.5 volts, the charger will hold it there until one of two things happen. Either the battery charge current will drop to less than 0.1 amp (from an initial value of 1.25 amps) or, if the current does not drop below 0.1 amp, then the charger will hold the battery voltage at 14.5 volts for 6 to 8 hours.

Note: It only takes a momentary AC power outage to cause the Battery Tender Plus battery charger to

reset.

Smart technology I would guess the battery is being checked for state of charge, I unplug and replug mine it goes right to flashing green

Much better unit than my old Diehard I got my 10 percent discount on

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Deltron Battery Tender Jr. for the bike, works great and does exactly what Jack is talking about, flashing red when first plugged up to the bike and then flashing green and then steady green when its ready. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Related, I bought a Shumacher tender for the boat battery which I will use during the off season. It was on sale at WallyWord for $19.99:)

I've had 2 tenders,the first one I fried by getting off my bike and leaving the ignition on,after plugging the tender in..Had to have the battery charged over a couple of days.I'm still using the 2nd one.It's smaller,I plug in after every ride.

My Battery Tender functions (lights) as mentioned above as well. Had a Schumacher for years that worked well too. I plug in after each ride as well.

Back