free website stats program Battery Tender Jr. | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender Jr.

glider

Veteran Member
Actually there's no reasonable substitute for a properly operating charging system and that's because the FI bikes need a properly operating charging system to even run at all. If the charge is low many systems on the bike will shunt down and the draw on the system between the pump and other devices will pull a battery down real fast.

The battery tender has been discussed in great detail on the forum many times over.

Thanks for your input.

I wasn't aware that the charging system on late models were "anemic". I've had my bike for four years, only use a battery tender if I ain't gonna ride her for a week or more, never had a problem.

I'm with Mavagrand, my streetglide is an 06 and I use my battery tender if she'll be down for over a week. I don't understand the comment about anemic. My system has been trouble free, I clean the batttery connections every fall and watch my gauge for the charge rate. Haven't had any problems yet

Keep the Dirty Side Down, Ride Safe :42:

Leog

I wasn't aware that the charging system on late models were "anemic".

Same here. The late model 3 phase systems are very robust. You can't ask for much more than 14.26 volts at idle.
But I do agree with having the battery on a Tender when not in use.

If you have a bagger/dresser or whatever you call your big bike with lots of electrical demand, and DON'T have a battery tender, GET ONE! Your battery will be way happier!!!

Here is a pretty good deal:

Deal Of The Day

TQ

I picked up a pretty nice one from Meijers. It was a Sears brand believe it or not and came with several types of connectors. I paid $24 and it work every cent.

I purchased the lead to battery from Harley dealer for it is very long and just sticks out of bike perfectly. I install my tender after every ride and leave plugged in till next ride. Bike is 3 1/2 years old OE battery still in it. I think the point that Glider is making is the reference voltage needed to properly fire ECM. For if it is not constant you can have a multitude of performance complaints, hence tender helps keeps battery up to snuff..

I saw an Ad today 12-15-11 at Jafrum for BT Jr for $17.95 FYI... might be good to have a spare at that price. :D

Not to hijack this thread, but I use a tender called an optimate 4. It charges, tests, de-sulphates and "restores" batteries. I use it on all my bikes and it works great.

Here's a review of the unit.

OptiMate 4 - webBikeWorld

Back