free website stats program Battery Tender Jr @ good price | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender Jr @ good price

HarryB737

I saw this this morning thought I would pass it along for anyone needing a charger... Battery Tender Jr at Jafrum.com for $19.00

I've never had any luck with those cheaper battery tenders. After problems with several different non-OEM brands/versions I had to invest in the Harley Davidson one. However, that's just my luck. I'm sure others have had no problems with the cheaper versions.

I've never had any luck with those cheaper battery tenders. After problems with several different non-OEM brands/versions I had to invest in the Harley Davidson one. However, that's just my luck. I'm sure others have had no problems with the cheaper versions.
and I always thought "Battery Tender" was the Cadilac and THE one to get while the others were knock-offs.

Bill

I agree it is the best, the "Caddy". I would actually be fearful of what HD has rebranded with their logo. Maybe they did choose the "caddy"??:(

I would bet that Deltran makes the HD version for the Motor Company and brands it for them. Too similar for just coincidence!!

TQ

Not that I want to push Sears but we have one with a 3 year warranty, when it is on sale it is 19.00 Craftsman brand:s

I would bet that Deltran makes the HD version for the Motor Company and brands it for them. Too similar for just coincidence!!

TQ

As per that listing:

The Deltran Battery Tender® is the official factory authorized manufacturer of
Harley-Davidson and BMW battery chargers.

I bought a battery tender from Wal Mart for about $19.00, and have used it for a year now without any problems. All products have lemons no matter what name brand you buy.:newsmile075:

The key to here is the Battery Tender (by Deltran) is not "just a trickle charger" but actually monitors charge voltage and current limited, so when the voltage reaches the nominal value AND the current diiminishes to a very low level, the logic controller inside switches the charger OFF until the voltage drops and current draw rises indicating the battery needs to be charged.

Most trickle chargers will keep charging and eventually boil out the residual water in the battery, and with AGM type batteries that moisture is not very much...so make sure whatever charger you use actually switches OFF when the battery is charged or you disconnect it after 24 hours just in case!

Back