free website stats program Battery Tender for Storage viewed 7,890 times | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender for Storage viewed 7,890 times

Jim B.

I just noticed the amount of views for this topic. 7,890. Must be some kind of a record.

I am a true believer in the bat. tender,but I have a buddy who year after year removes his battery from the bike and puts it in the storage room in his house to stay warm,then puts it on a trickle charger before putting it back on the bike in the spring and his batteries last as long as mine do.

the shop i got my bike from Blockers in parryville pa. w/ bike arived i found a tender in saddle bag nice touch.....

Never took the time to try and figure out what the most posts are about but I hope folks understand the value of a Battery Tender. It's the product I recommend the most to bike owners.

Having said that, I would guess oil is the single most discussed product on the forum?

May not be a "record" but the battery tender is one of those "must use" accessories. Think about it...regarding performance and comfort mods...would HD really pay for putting their logo on the box, if it was not something an HD rider would opt for typically...not a whole lot of marketing savvy needed to know a good thing when you see what their customers are buying "--after the original sale"!!

I wonder if the Sears unit is a good one @ 22.00 it just went on sale and remember the warranty, Jack

One quick note, the Battery Tender is "intelligent" in that it will not overcharge your battery, going into standby mode (notice the "blink" mode once battery is charged). That is the defining difference from most chargers, the other is that it is NOT a quick charger, and using that type if done "aggressively" can actually shorten the life of your battery.

I use the OEM maker of the Battery Tender - Deltran Corp in Florida, yeah it is more expensive, in fact I bought the Jet Ski / Boat version which is potted to be more rugged and water resistant as I know sometimes I may "drop" the unit or leave it outside caught in the morning dew or rain before I remember to bring it back in...not that that would happen, but "just in case"!

Last edited:
I can't imagine anyone thinking they can get by WITHOUT a tender! It's really a necessity, IMHO.

I used to think the same thing. But now where I live the battery tender is not needed as the bike never sits long enough to need it. I used to think all cars needed head bolt heaters too. LOL!:p

Back