free website stats program battery storage | Harley Davidson Forums

battery storage

09 deluxe

When you remove your battery for the winter, do you just store it in a warm,dry place or should it be hooked up to a charger of some kind for the winter months?

Its a trickle charger that monitors battery state you can leave it plugged into battery indefinatley itll monitor the state of charge in the battery and if it drops then it charges till its charged then monitors again
it comes with a pigtail that can be fitted to the battery and left on the bike you just plug the battery tender into your bike and the battery is maintained

Brian

It's a name of battery charger for Bikes, I just leave the battery on my bike and just plugged the charger ( battery tender) on.

Harley sells the leads that stay hooked to the bike all the time, some tenders come with the leads, you'll never have to pull the seat just to charge the battery or for winter storage & your battery will live long and prosper from it. Just make sure the charger is aproved for a AGM battery. Check out the self help section.

batterytender.jpg

Actually, HD packaged the leads w/their tender now so you don't have to purchase separately. It's much better than always having to take the seat off, or battery out for winter. Highly recommend you get one & put it on the bike to keep the battery topped off anytime (long & short term).

My dealer always wires all the bikes in and throws the Tender in with a new bike. I know I paid for it but prefer it over a T-shirt where I advertise for him.

Back