free website stats program Battery replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery replacement

Cheap does not necessarily buy you VALUE, as often is the case they can be inferior regarding cold cranking amps or long life, especially if it fails when you need it the most, at night in the middle of nowhere...not that THAT would ever happen...!

The battery is one (of many) places where you can't go wrong with OEM. Match it with a battery tender and you should get years of trouble free service from it.

Curveball; you're best getting the HD battery vs. going for a battery bargain. Nothing worse than seeing someone try to push start their scoot in a parking lot. I just saw one the other day. A new battery will run $5-$10 difference between HD & other brands. There's not much of a cost difference so why not spend a few extra $$$ for insurance you bike's going to fire. Cheers!

Curveball; For Cheap, Walmart batteries, about $35. They usually last 2 years MAX in my Dyna. The one I have in it now is 1 year old, and the specific gravity check shows 50% after charge. The HD battery in my Electra Glide is 3+ years old and still load checks very good.

Back