free website stats program Battery recommendations | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery recommendations

kman

I just called my local HD dealer to get a price on a battery for my 09 Ultra, there price was around $250 plus tax and levies. Is there a good or better battery (aftermarket) that someone can suggest or is the HD battery the best for that price?

I left the ignition on for a couple of weeks while out of town. I tried to charge it, but it doesn't seem to want to come back.

I like OEM, have tried Die Hards in the past with little luck and I get a discount for working there LOL:D

I just called my local HD dealer to get a price on a battery for my 09 Ultra, there price was around $250 plus tax and levies. Is there a good or better battery (aftermarket) that someone can suggest or is the HD battery the best for that price?

I personally like the Odyssey batteries. They are super tough. One of our members here is now carrying them at his shop. Send Chopper a PM and see what you can work out with him.

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Wow, $250 seems high. I just replaced mine, purchased from local Harley dealer in OKC and only $129. Is there another Harleu dealer close by? I'd call and compare prices.

i have gotten 5 years, but my bike gets ridden every day. using a tender when not riding will help, but pushing the battery too far not good for the charging system. If the battery wont maintain at least 12.7 volts I would replace it JMO

Kman isn't your 09 still under warranty? The two year motorcycle warranty covers your battery, free replacement including labor. The battery should be still be good as young as it is, if the AGM battery goes below 4.6 volts the tenders will not charge them, you must take a fixed rate charger like a 10 amp auto charger and get a charge into the battery above what is needed to let the tender take over, about two hours then put your battery tender on it and it should finish off the charge. If you need a new battery I recommend looking around your area for someone selling Odyssey Batteries, they are a good AGM sealed battery, I sell for $132.91 (touring model) and they have a full two year replacement over the counter, unlike the HD battery with only a 6 month over the counter replacement. Good luck.

Back