free website stats program Battery or what? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery or what?

Gonna sound funny but check your FOB Battery...mine did the exact same thing the week before Bike Week. Wouldn't crank, then acted all sluggish but started. Got up to the local Winn-Dixie shut bike down wouldn't start. After I tried and checked everything and all checked good, I grabbed the fob pulled the Battery and went into the Winn-Dixie and bought a new one with a replaced fob battery the bike started right up no problems since. Weird isn't it? Oh well I was just glad thats all it was.
Good luck and be safe.

Gotta love how that pesky wash water finds bad battery connections. Glad you fixed the problem & hope today's an equally great one for a spin!!!

Today was definitely a better day. The Heritage fired strong every time I hit the switch. I also got a spare fob battery and taped it in with my license so I'll be a little more prepared. It was a glorious day for riding too. After church and lunch at Stubbs, we went to Vicksburg and then over to the Natchez Trace and back home. Only 137 miles, but a fun time. It was one of those days where you just breathe in deep and long and smile and thank God you're healthy and live in a free country....... Thanks again for all the advice. Even though we know what the problem was now, it's good to know what other things it might be in the future if another event like this happens to the Heritage or the Fatboy or the Ultra.

. . . . . . I also got a spare fob battery and taped it in with my license so I'll be a little more prepared. . . . . . . . .It was one of those days where you just breathe in deep and long and smile and thank God you're healthy and live in a free country. . . . . . to the Heritage or the Fatboy or the Ultra.

Flipper you probably already have, but just in case make sure you program your password into the bike and write it (and input sequence) down on the back of a business card and keep it in your wallet. Not sure what the shelf life is on FOB battery but I had one fail 2 weeks after I bought it at an HD dealer. I buy um at Wally world now cause they have a higher turn over there and I figure they are newer.

Know what you mean about thanking God, the more I get to know him, it kinda just blows me away to the point I even thank him for bad days. But mostly just thanking him for who he is and what he did 2000+ yrs ago.

Oh man a Heritage, Fatboy or an Ultra also. You guys need to be on your knees every minute you aren't riding :lolrolling (just kidding)
Those are my all time favorite models (well including the Street Bob) and to this day I am hard pressed to choose which one I like better. I believe if I had to have just one I would want a Fat Boy. But for now my used Street Bob was in my price range and love it much.

flipper-albums-harley+adventures+2012-picture8189-ice_cream_break_at_the_vicksburg_bumpers.jpg

Happiness is a Harley that runs good and scrumptious ice cream at a break!!!:newsmile090:

Back