free website stats program Battery Operated String Trimmer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Operated String Trimmer

I have had all kinds and now have a Stihl trimmer, leaf blower and chain saw. Never had a problem. Always starts with just two pulls mostly.
I rub elbows with the green industry and I see a lot ot Stihl and Echo on the trailers. Son uses Stihl chainsaw good stuff. I actually bought my B& D at my local Ace so I know I paid a bit more but I want that store to stay open. They had sections/ displays of Stihl and Huscvarna (sp) and Craftsman.

Stihl. I have had mine for fifteen years and never even changed the plug. Get a shaft drive and it will last forever. I used mine to keep five acres trimmed up including small brush and tree limbs,

I have to agree that the gas powered units are more powerful than the battery powered ones, at least the older battery powered units, don't know about the newer ones.

On the gas powered ones, a word of advice, don't store them with gas over the wintwr or for extended periods if you used ethanol gas, it will deteriorate the gas lines and tank, this from a friend that does repair work on tard equipment.

I'm gonna go of the beaten path here. My son, while in college, worked for a professional horticulturist and yard maintenance company during the summer. They tried many brands and ended up using nothing but Husqevarna. The last one I bought was this brand and I have nothing but praise for it. JMHO. Good luck.
ISH

Well ....My wife ,,,god love her ,wants to help me out with the trimming and we have a lot of it...She needs a light weight one.....Aney Ideas aneyone?:)..Small gas or battery...We have way to much area to drag a 250 ft cord around..

Stihl. I have had mine for fifteen years and never even changed the plug. Get a shaft drive and it will last forever. I used mine to keep five acres trimmed up including small brush and tree limbs,[/QUOTE
It's great to hear that you like your Stihl. I lust bought one last summer. I sure hope that I get the same longevity out of mine that you got out of yours! :)

I rub elbows with the green industry and I see a lot ot Stihl and Echo on the trailers. Son uses Stihl chainsaw good stuff. I actually bought my B& D at my local Ace so I know I paid a bit more but I want that store to stay open. They had sections/ displays of Stihl and Huscvarna (sp) and Craftsman.
I admire the fact that you were willing to support the local merchant and pay a few extra bucks just to do your part to keep them in business. I do likewise. I love a bargain but then there are times when I am willing to take a little hit if I know that it is going for a good cause.

Last edited:
Definitely a good thing to support the local/small guy. Same here - deal with small engine shop that sells Toro, Echo, etc...they get my business over big Lowe's, Home Depot etc...even if the price is tad more. Main reason = they "care" about my business & back it up w/quality service.

Definitely a good thing to support the local/small guy. Same here - deal with small engine shop that sells Toro, Echo, etc...they get my business over big Lowe's, Home Depot etc...even if the price is tad more. Main reason = they "care" about my business & back it up w/quality service.
Yep! Just yesterday I bought a Honda generator from the hardware store in my town. I did make a few calls to find out where there were being sold near me. I also checked online at EBay. There was a place 17 miles up the road that sold it for less. I then thought, screw it. let me go to Randy in my town. Nice people. Nice store. When I went to pick it up the next day, he had sent in the registration of the product for me, prepped the machine and most importantly, when I got there he must've spent 20 minutes with me going over the entire machine and how I can utilize it best for the camping trailer that I bought it for.
Lets see the guys at the Home Depot's, Lowe's top that!
Well worth the extra $$$ IMO

Well ....My wife ,,,god love her ,wants to help me out with the trimming and we have a lot of it...She needs a light weight one.....Aney Ideas aneyone?:)..Small gas or battery...We have way to much area to drag a 250 ft cord around..
Mat60 this is B&D is actually for my wife, she used it for the first time yesterday and I think it is going to work out fine. I ask her to be careful of the strain on her lower back by stopping and trying different lengths of extension which she did but I still think she will be a bit stiff this morning. I encourage her to take on a few "physical " tasks and to get some Vitamin D, not because she has to but gets the kinks out. We chose wisely.

Yep! Just yesterday I bought a Honda generator from the hardware store in my town. I did make a few calls to find out where there were being sold near me. I also checked online at EBay. There was a place 17 miles up the road that sold it for less. I then thought, screw it. let me go to Randy in my town. Nice people. Nice store. When I went to pick it up the next day, he had sent in the registration of the product for me, prepped the machine and most importantly, when I got there he must've spent 20 minutes with me going over the entire machine and how I can utilize it best for the camping trailer that I bought it for.
Lets see the guys at the Home Depot's, Lowe's top that!
Well worth the extra $$$ IMO
I'd go to Randy in a heart beat. Still haven't replace a small engine guy who hung it up 2 years ago, he and Randy had figured it out. This ACE was once a Pay N Pak and when it closed I was suddenly realizing how often I ran to that place. When it opened as an ACE I made the effort to give them first shot.

Back