free website stats program battery light | Harley Davidson Forums

battery light

well after being stranded with a dead battery yesterday (was the stator) I was thinking to myself "boy it would be nice if this thing had a "battery" light like my sporty"

how is it that my 1975 sportster has a battery light to warn me if it's not charging and my 15 year newer FXR does not??

looking throught the FSM it doesnt look to me like ANY of the FXR (or other models my manual covers) had one....some of them had a "volt" gauge which would be easy to hook up but i dont have a spot for a 2" gauge......

a single LED or 12v lightbulb I could do

now the sportster light is easy to figure out but of course that is a "generator" and NOT a "alternator"

now i KNOW i'm not the first person to think this so what's the deal??

who has a diagram to hook up a single bulb as a "battery" light??

you know...an "idiot" light.......... OFF when it's charging and ON when it's not?

TIA scott

oh BTW 1990 FXR although I would think it would be the same for ANY alternator equipped bike

so I get a infraction because I used a MILD cuss word?

gee I thought we were adults here and not a little kid forum.......

enjoy yourselves...I doubt I'll be back

Attention Moderators... Thank You for keeping this forum clean and tidy! I am by no means a "Prude", however, I applaud you efforts. I am a little weary of the constant barrage of strong language heard everywhere.

Steve,
Next time use a little more "Drama" We like the "POOF" button !! :p

Poof12345.jpg

Something looks very familiar about that poster :D

This was the first thread that I read this morning. I didn't have to scroll down to KNOW what was going to happen.

YOU MODERATORS ROCK!

thanks

BRIAN

Back