free website stats program Battery drain | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery drain

My friend said a regulator "CAN'T drain the batt when bike is off. Only when running".
WAP.gif

My friend said a regulator "CAN'T drain the batt when bike is off. Only when running".
WAP.gif

HMMM, since the regulator has a direct link to the positive on the battery and it has diodes that could bleed power off from the battery HMMMM, I bet Hoople will have more to say about this, I am by NO meens an expert like Hoople but what do I know from working on this stuff all my life:s Do the tests and see what you find http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-51532.html have a look here

Last edited by a moderator:
@jack my friend does think he knows everything so by no means do I think his statement is accurate. I always come here for accurate info. :)
WAP.gif

@jack my friend does think he knows everything so by no means do I think his statement is accurate. I always come here for accurate info. :)
WAP.gif

:s I understand, not saying he is wrong. Electricity is a funny animal. It does what it wants to with the path of least resistance. Grounds are so important, the lack there of can ruin bearings, and cause extra heat and charging systems to over work. Diodes are 1 way switches and can bleed power, have you ever seen a battery light on for no apparent reason when the amps and voltage check out, that would be a bad diode for 1 example

Never had any sensor lights ever come on. Thank god. Overall the bike runs great couldn't of wished for a better bike. The only issue now is the battery drain.
WAP.gif

Back