free website stats program Battery drain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery drain

That would be the underlying issue I was referring too! :D

Thanks for the info. I am not that handy with a amp meter. I haven't used one in 20 years. How expensive are regulators. If I bring it to the stealership will they charge a ton to do what the links described?

Batteries Plus has Deka batteries in stock, same battery as OEM H D minus the logo with a 2 year warranty and it is cheaper

Thanks for the info. I am not that handy with a amp meter. I haven't used one in 20 years. How expensive are regulators. If I bring it to the stealership will they charge a ton to do what the links described?

Ammeters haven't changed in the way they are used in 20 years. They just look different. Not sure on the price of a new reg. The dealer will surely get into your wallet pretty good.

:s Dont let that test scare you, if you have a good DVOM you can do the tests, and as far as the regulator goes check on line like M and M or Surrdyke for OEM prices

@jack what is a dvom?
WAP.gif

Back