free website stats program Battery Drain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Drain

1) Saying you have 14.18 charging volts really does not tell you much without knowing what RPM that was measured at. If it's 14.18 volts at idle and the voltage climbs to 15.1 volts when you increase the RPM to 3000 RPM,, it indicates the regulator is not doing a good job of "regulating". You need to check the output at several RPM points.

2) If the system relay points were welded closed,, YES, the fuel pump would never turn off.
With the ignition key in the off position (and with the pump running),,, Pull the system relay and see if the pump stops pumping.

3) Upload of schematic never appeared.

1) Saying you have 14.18 charging volts really does not tell you much without knowing what RPM that was measured at. If it's 14.18 volts at idle and the voltage climbs to 15.1 volts when you increase the RPM to 3000 RPM,, it indicates the regulator is not doing a good job of "regulating". You need to check the output at several RPM points.

2) If the system relay points were welded closed,, YES, the fuel pump would never turn off.
With the ignition key in the off position (and with the pump running),,, Pull the system relay and see if the pump stops pumping.

3) Upload of schematic never appeared.

Here are the schematics

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Page 2.jpg
    Page 2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7
The system relay does feed the 2 two injectors and the fuel pump. I could not see the power feed to the system relay (too blurry when Zoomed) but I am 95% sure it has power with the key off.

If the fuel pump is running with the key off, ,Pull the system relay,,, the pump should stop running.

Of course something could be turning ON the relay, but that would be very very remote.
Pull the relay and check pin # 87 to #30 on the relay itself.. It should be open with the relay in your hand. If you do read continuity from 87 to 30 the relay is BAD.
(87 & 30 should be stamped right on the relay)

The system relay does feed the 2 two injectors and the fuel pump. I could not see the power feed to the system relay (too blurry when Zoomed) but I am 95% sure it has power with the key off.

If the fuel pump is running with the key off, ,Pull the system relay,,, the pump should stop running.

Of course something could be turning ON the relay, but that would be very very remote.
Pull the relay and check pin # 87 to #30 on the relay itself.. It should be open with the relay in your hand. If you do read continuity from 87 to 30 the relay is BAD.
(87 & 30 should be stamped right on the relay)

Hoople...thanks a bunch!!! as soon as it does it again I will definetly check this! As I said ..everything seems to be ok now...go figure? I will let you know as soon as it will probably happen again. Thanks again Bud.....I really appreciate your help!

Back