Battery cost

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by atm33, Aug 1, 2015.

1. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Anybody priced a new Harley battery lately? All this talk about batteries on the forum reminded me that mine is 7 years old. Yep, time to get a new one before trouble starts. I had always used a Walmart battery in my Honda previous to buying a Road King, and always got good service out of them, but I would love to hear opinions from you fine folks about alternatives, price and where to get 'em. Thanks!

2. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

€210 about £145 I don't know if that helps you any but may fill in info for people on this side of the pond

Brian

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

OEM HD batteries are made by East Penn Mfg., whose house brand is Deka. Everything I have read in the last few years shows both lasting about the same length of time. You can get a Deka shipped to your door for about 1/3 less than buying from the dealer. I have Deka's in both my bikes. Battery Mart.com has good prices.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Deka, East Penn Manufacturing same as HD makers of OEM H D battery and Die Hard battery:s

5. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Great. Thanks for the replies. Just bought one on BatteryMart.com. Fyi, the website doesn't identify it as a Deka, but after checking around it apparently is. BatteryMart just says it is "USA made" and its called the "Big Crank ETX-30L". $99.95 shipped for those interested.

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

My last Deka came from Battery Mart and the box was marked "Big Crank". I had forgotten that detail. :p