free website stats program battery Change | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

battery Change

Well looking back in the last 5000.miles my cruise control turned off on me and the engine light came on, but in a few miles the cruise would be working again and the light would be off...maybe that was a sign it was going haywire ,and have had to jump start my bike on 6 different occasions from leaving the key on, that more than likely was not to good on it

Intermittant cruise is a sign of left switch housing failure.People have had problems with clutch switch.See if You can still start in gear.I suppose the ECM could also cause the symptom.But switch housing failure is more common.

Well looking back in the last 5000.miles my cruise control turned off on me and the engine light came on, but in a few miles the cruise would be working again and the light would be off...maybe that was a sign it was going haywire ,and have had to jump start my bike on 6 different occasions from leaving the key on, that more than likely was not to good on it

Must ask how one walks away from a bike that still has the lights on. Shutting down with the ignition and thn using the kill switch if you wish prevents that. Yeah, I know what the MSF suggests. THEY don't have to start your bike the next time.

I have many times walked over to someones bike to turn off the ignition for them.
I would be ok with them questioning me about totching thier bike.
Better to help save the battery, than see someones day head towards to toilet.

Must ask how one walks away from a bike that still has the lights on. Shutting down with the ignition and thn using the kill switch if you wish prevents that. Yeah, I know what the MSF suggests. THEY don't have to start your bike the next time.
sometimes I am having so much fun I forget to turn off the key...plus i ride a lot have over 40,000 on my bike

Back