free website stats program Batt n warranty | Harley Davidson Forums

Batt n warranty

rydahog

2011 flhx, battery went dead while on the road, i got a jump start, got me home, my question is. the battery is original that came with bike, about 2.6 yrs old...is the battery warrantied? have an appt with DLR monday. I would assume if its also a Stator or reg. prob. that WOULD be covered..i am concerned the Batt . would not be covered? thoughts ? thanks.. self test at home appeared cranking volts were under 10v...however with as young as this bike is, why so soon,,unless the charging system along the way is bad?

2011 flhx, battery went dead while on the road, i got a jump start, got me home, my question is. the battery is original that came with bike, about 2.6 yrs old...is the battery warrantied? have an appt with DLR monday. I would assume if its also a Stator or reg. prob. that WOULD be covered..i am concerned the Batt . would not be covered? thoughts ? thanks.. self test at home appeared cranking volts were under 10v...however with as young as this bike is, why so soon,,unless the charging system along the way is bad?

I believe the first 6 months free replacement, then pr rating starts, If you choose to replace it Check Batteries Plus for a Deka replacement, These are the same as the OEM battery minus the H D logo and have a 2 year warranty

Cant say about the warranty. I only get about 2.5 years out of my battery.

I have a 5 year extended and battery died at the end of 4 years.
No Replacement.
But did find a local dealer taking 20% off all parts, Nashua NH Harley
Good luck
Bob

Like Jack indicated, battery is considered a "maint" part which isn't covered past an initial warranty period (for OEM flaws). Your battery could have a bad cell, or was defective from start & hopefully the replacement will give you 4-5 years of worry-free riding.

update for those interested, had batt.load tested, cell or cell no good, went to Hd for new one, expensive,:(//........ so my old batt was not pro-rateable, because according to service mgr... the batt was mfg, in 2010....but i bought the bike in 2011....so even before it bought the bike i was behind on any warranty issues,?? even with that, i was not eligeble for warranty as it is only 6months at best new... so got the new one home...put it on bench, volt test was 12.6 out of the box...:) good news....installed, started bike,,tested with volt meter,, 14.02 :) again good news...throttle up..volts increase slightly..good news...seat back on....happy man today...:)) but a little light in the pocket book...:) ohh well at least i can ride..:)) thanks all for comments.

In time gone past with lead acid batteries it was recommended to to fully charge the battery with a trickle charger or maintenance charger prior to using it this procedure should give a longer life to the battery
As i can be a creature of habit i still fully charge agm batteries prior to fitting and so far i have not been disappointed with the results

Brian

Hi my battery in my 08 nitetrain (harley battery) lasted 4 years. I bought a Drag specialties replacement and thay will only warranty it 1 year.So that being said I think you did good at 2.6 years.I did think about a gell battery does anyone know how thay hold up P.S. my bike has been ridden for four years no winterizing just rolling to work.Its almost at 40,000 miles.forth set of tires and 1 battery:bigsmiley11:all is good Merry Christmas to ALL !!

Good deal...welcome to the world of HD (hundred dollar) club. Bikes aren't cheap, but still fun to work on & ride.

You never mentioned whether the original battery was kept on a battery tender or not. I got about 4 years out of my OEM battery that was always kept on a tender whenever I wasn't out on a trip.

Back