free website stats program Basic maintenance | Harley Davidson Forums

Basic maintenance

I recently purchesed an 01 Dyna WG. I have not owned a bike since my 76 Shovel. I always did my own work, but this bike is very different from my Pan, Shovel knowledge. They want 60.00 bucks for a shop manuel at Harley. Would someone be willing to share basic maintenance knowledge with me, I.E. oil changes, primary oil changes and trans oil changes. I have looked all over the internet and can only find people wanting to sell me something.

I have heard there are sites you can download the manuals from for about 10 bucks. If you search HD talking for downloadable manuals you might find some sites.

The PDF manuals are $9.99 dont have the info this second mention if you have problem finding, but should be easy enough . Hey! Good luck with the bike, good to have you on the road.

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link for manuals.
Harley Davidson Community

Also, look in self help section on forum. Lots of help in there(fluids change, adjusting clutch, primary adjustment, cable lube on and on). You tube has videos (couple of links in self help section on forum) on basic HD care. Invest in a manual(or download). Pays for itself many times over quickly and lets you get to know the bike better.

Welcome to the forum if there is anything you need to know spend a wee bit of time in the self help area and if you cant find the answer then open a new thread and ask
Due to knowledge and abilities of our forum members most questions are answered fairly quickly and accurately

Brian

$60.00 for the manuel, $9.99 for the download, ebay has the manuels on CD for about $19.00 or so...or you can go to shop and pay $85.00 @hr. The self help section here is amazing, I am not a wrencher, in fact i didn't even know what a wrencher was till I came to this site. I bought my 08 STC last August and found this site and have doen all the maintenence on her myself since. So far it is only the three fluids (5,000 mile service) and adjusting the rear suspension (Which I did wrong by the way :)). I bought the Shop manuel and have not yet regretted it. Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Buy the manual, its worth every dime.

Bodeen

I totally agree. Buy the manual. Who wants to be touching a keyboard with dirty garage hands. And printing the pages you want is a false economy and will cost in the long run.

Also..... I'm not a fan of copyright infringement! Most of those CD and pdf files are pirated and I don't believe should be promoted on this site as they are.

Back