Bars

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by MacD, Jan 6, 2012.

1. MacD

MacD Member

Okay I am deployed right now so have been surfing for answers. I have a question that hopeful you guys might be able to help me with. I was on the Burly website looking at drag bars. They have a set with 7" of rise and wondering if they would fit on a 2010 Superglide Custom without having to change cables. Let me know if you guys can help out.

Thanks,
    Mac

2. Dswartz

Dswartz Active Member

First of all, thank you for your service. I have completed two tours in Iraq myself so I know what it's like to be away from home dreaming of all the stuff you want to buy when you get back. Everybody seems to go on a shopping spree. As far as the cables go I couldn't tell you off hand if they would fit or not. I would contact the manufacturer of the bars and tell them what bike you are putting them on. They should be able to tell you what size cable you need.

I purchased my bike used and it came with aftermarket bars installed. I damaged a throttle cable a few months back and was concerned about getting a correct replacement. However, I simply went to the dealer and told them what bars I had and they were able to get the right size in for me without any problems.

3. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Again, I thank you for your service. I seem to remember reading that you have enough length on the cables for about 2 inches difference in the bars. I'm not sure how that would compare with what you have on the bike now. I am sure there are people with better answers that will be along shortly. I hope this helps a bit, good luck.

4. MacD

MacD Member

Yeah being deployed does (EDIT) in that when you have down time, you are surfing looking at stuff you want. :)This is my 9th deployment and I have been good on this trip in that I haven't spent anything for the most part. I am due to be home around April. I am going to do a tuner on my bike and a/c. I was just looking at bars the other night and it got me curious. I will probably not be able to do the bars when I get back but most likely have to wait a bit. Who knows? Maybe the cards will fall into place though. :) Thanks for the help either way guys. I would still be interested for the future if anyone knows. And also, thanks for the kind words. Knowing that folks support us make it all worth it.

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Harley Davidson Community Thank you for your service, check here for info and discount on tfi:s

6. MacD

MacD Member

Thanks for the link to the TFI. I have already been looking.