free website stats program bars | Harley Davidson Forums

bars

saintNH

I bought my fatboy about 3 weeks ago and Im looking for opinions on a good set of nostalgic looking bars(and hopefully not have to change the cables). Im looking for something not too wide, not too tall with a little pullback. My intent is to put on a solo seat with springs, change the bars, and do a 2-into-1 exhaust and get a real classic look. I like the old look of being sort of high in the saddle. I saw the HD narrow beach bars on a crossbones and i think that is close to what im going for but i like the 1" bar. Its hard to look at pics without them being on a bike to get an idea of what they look like, so any help would be appreciated.

I would start by looking in the HD catalog, they will tell you if you need to change anything for the bars, if you see something that might work call around a couple of dealers and ask if they have a bike there with those bars on it, they would be happy to let you come in and sit on the bike to try them out. Everybody can tell you what they like for bars, but nothing like sitting on a bike with them on it to see if you like them.

Hey, be sure and post what you get (include pictures). I have a Fatboy and am thinking about 12 inch apes.

Good Luck

I am looking at a pair of springer bars which are only about a 3" rise, 28" wide and a 9" pullback and I think Im going to go with the HD nostalgia grips on them. I had a pair of 16" apes on my last bike. I loved them but I am trying a different look this time. I will post pics after I decide and install them.

Back