free website stats program Bare bones or kitchen sink | Harley Davidson Forums

Bare bones or kitchen sink

STARY

Account Removed
I'm not a great fan of seeing too much gear on my HD,I like the bobbed look,single seat,no luggage,tool roll etc etc,I don't tend to ride to far from home so don't see the need to bulk it up.I appreciate if your on a road trip you need your gear,but in general i'm light and good to go.

Stary; I did the same w/my 05 XL1200C (performance upgrades only) & pretty much have my 09 FHLX stock, but do enjoy added comforts of a touring class. For me, it makes for longer riding & enjoyment b/c I don't get "numbseatitis" & can haul a few supplies to extend my riding day/trip. Also, it might have to do w/age b/c now I'd rather slowly cruise the back roads vs. fly down the interstate.

Either way "to each his/her own."

I'm with you, I don't even like windshields, if I'm on a trip there's always a lonely barmaid or a motel and if you have a oldlady that rides pack it on her bike, sorry ladys.:D

I like my Heritage just fine..............

I also like a nice bobed scoot.........

There are not too many that I don't like! :D

When I was younger I felt the same way. Now that I have the ability to travel more, I love my bagger.

Guess I'm partial to bare bones, but have bags on now, good for going to pick a few groceries or a run to the hardware store. Or pick up my daughter from school, got a place to stuff her books.

Simplicity is good, Stary and I agree that for basics plain vanilla with a bit of personalization is just fine. Honestly beyond the basic Stage I stuff, most all mods are generally for comfort and convenience. Oh yeah, and if you ride two up, if your pillion partner is not happy...you know the rest!

Back