free website stats program Bar risers & cablels | Harley Davidson Forums

Bar risers & cablels

Hi yall,,Ive got an 05 super glide custom. If I were to put some risers on to get me sitting up a little straighter, would I need to do anything to the cables, or are they long enough?--Thanks,,,,Charlie

It is kind of hard to figure the length of cables until you install the bars, at least in my case. I have an '06 FXDB
I installed Carlini bars. They rise up and back. They clear the speedo and are pulled back drag style bars of which they are big enough to route the wiring internal for the switches. I had no issues at all on the throttle cables. I did buy an extra clip for them though. On the clutch cable, I routed the cable under the engine and frame and installed 2 clips to the left leg of the frame to hold the cable from hitting my tank. I have just enough clearance for lock to lock motion without binding. I also lucked out that I could re route with the end from the clutch lever and did not have to take it off the engine side. It turned out clean looking and the internal wiring clened up things a lot too.
If you measured my risers from the mount to the bars it would be around a total of 7+ inches. and the risers clear the speedo by about a 1/2 inch. :)

I just installed the H-D 4.5" pull-back risers (56066-82A) and didn't have to do anything to the cables and/or the electrical wires.

The only thing I would caution against is if you have a model year where the brake line has a metal segment (I don't recall the year that switched over to the fully flexible line). If you do have such a "rigid" brake line, that might be an issue. Otherwise, the 4.5" risers require no changing of cables or wires.

Back