free website stats program BANG goes the bike . . . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

BANG goes the bike . . .

I have read about something getting caught in the belt and causing the rear sprocket/pulley bolts to shear. I've known front pully nuts to get loose and shear the splines, both cause your "neutral in all gears" symptom. I'm stuck with the lights on, but nothing from starter part.

engine light on have you checked any trouble codes ? sounds like more than one issue to me also

'Nothing from the starter', okay - switch on, lights good, okay - try the starter again - does the headlight dim and if it doesn't, do the turn signals work? How about the brake light?

Can you get the neutral light to light up? When you are trying to start it are you clutching it with the jiffy stand up?

Starter does nothing? No sound or voltage drop? Nothing prevents rolling in any gear? No oil on the ground?. Loud bang under your a$$. sounds like either the trans let loose and took out the clutch. Or, the clutch let loose and took out the starter. What does the trans feel like when you shift? Is there any resisennse when you shift? Is there any tension on the clutch lever when you pull it? Sounds expensive.

But you do have clutch actuation?

I had the crown brake on my EVO and the diaphragm spring then released. So no clutch. Had to replace the clutch basket. No real damage other than what was broken.

Cheers,

TQ

Back