free website stats program Ball park $$ | Harley Davidson Forums

Ball park $$

JKT1969

I have an 09 SG with about 4600 miles on it. I really the like the sound of the V&H monster ovals (I want the black with chrome tip). Question...how much do dealers normally charge to re-map the bike to make it run richer?

I know the pipes will be $600 range, just curious about how much I am in for if I have to take to the dealer.

Thanks. I'm afraid I might do something to void the warranty, or mess something up. Is it a pretty straight forward thing to do? I assume all that needs to happen is compensate for the increased air flow the slip on's provide by making the bike run more rich..?

It's a really simple thing to install (TFI). If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, you can do it and have the adjustability of the fuel instead of the EPA lean settings that you will get with the dealer download.

Forget about the warranty voiding thing. It's a scare tactic they use to get you to pay them to do the work $$$$$$

It's a really simple thing to install (TFI). If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, you can do it and have the adjustability of the fuel instead of the EPA lean settings that you will get with the dealer download.

Forget about the warranty voiding thing. It's a scare tactic they use to get you to pay them to do the work $$$$$$

Right! And if you are REALLY worried about the warranty thing, you can pull the TFI off BEFORE you take it over to the Dealership for something. Very simple "plug and play".

TQ

Good info. So all I am really looking for is the bike to run richer due to the increased air flow. Is this correct? By me doing the TFI myself I can set it where I want it vs. where the dealer is required to set it to comply with EPA regulations?

Good info. So all I am really looking for is the bike to run richer due to the increased air flow. Is this correct? By me doing the TFI myself I can set it where I want it vs. where the dealer is required to set it to comply with EPA regulations?

You got it correct all the way around, plus as TQ said, it can be removed without a trace if you need warranty work. Only negative here is you would need to reinstall the stock air filter first before taking it in. Mufflers can be left in place if you choose aftermarket .

You got it correct all the way around, plus as TQ said, it can be removed without a trace if you need warranty work. Only negative here is you would need to reinstall the stock air filter first before taking it in. Mufflers can be left in place if you choose aftermarket .

I do need to change the stock air cleaner then? I can't keep the one I have? I just bought a Willie G. insert for the housing... :31:

I do need to change the stock air cleaner then? I can't keep the one I have? I just bought a Willie G. insert for the housing... :31:

You can go to the HD stage 1 to maximize the results you will get with the TFI and the insert stays on the cover, the factory cover as well as the insert is reused on the stage 1.:D

Ok. Sorry to ask so many questions...so I also need to do a Stage 1 as well? Is that also something I can do myself, or is that dealer work? What would my order be...install the slip ons, do the stage 1, then do the TFI? What I am trying to figure out is about how much I am in for, in addition to the slip ons and what all is required.

Can I just do the slip ons? Can I just do the slip ons and TFI, or is Stage 1 required (or is it a nice to have?)

On my Venture, all I had to do was put the exhaust on, then about 15 minutes of carb work, done.

Back