free website stats program Ball park figure for the extra power | Harley Davidson Forums

Ball park figure for the extra power

STARY

Account Removed
I've got a 883 sporty that i'm enjoying,but a few more horses/power would be nice.Can anyone give me a ball park figure to up it to 1200cc,thanks in advance :worthy

About $10,449.00 plus tax & docking fee's :lolrolling
10_XL1200X_R-black.jpg

Just kidding, I'm sure someone will come on that has the conversion done.

HD catalog says:

Screamin' Eagle® Sportster® 883cc to 1200cc Stage I Conversion Kit

29784-07

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Black

Fits '07-later XL883 models.

MSRP US $1,199.95

as you are in the uk try asking cederbrook cos his bike is in the peocess of being done at the moment he may be able to give you a realistic figure but im not sure which year your bike is so a wee bit more info would be helpfull

Brian

Budget build would run about $550-650 for parts, pistons, cyl boring, gaskets and jets.
This would be for a carb model, EFI would be more.

Iv'e been told by more than dealer you are better off to leave it an 883. It will sell better as such, plus the upgrades you can do to the stock bore are endless. I own a 2007 883 with just a full stage one upgrade that will rock your world! I'm not kidding. Get a good set of tuned pipe's, if it's efi, go with a fuel pack or something similar. there are a bunch out there. If it's carb, you will need to re-jet. Now the air cleaner is another story. I put on a SE air cleaner every time I checked the plugs they were way too rich. Ended up hand building an AC from a 87 2.8 blazer AC from a K&N filter in my old truck. If you like I could send pic's of how I did it. The plug's are perfect now. With a set of V&H short shots you can hear this 883 almost a mile away. NO JOKE! Hit it back, let us know, Keep it in the wind, HOLLYWOOD..............................

STARY; also think about how long you plan to own the bike.

- If you're going to keep it long-term then sure - rig it to run. Depending on which route you take (bore/re-build vs. 1200 kit) cost can run from $1000 - $1500.

- If you plan to UG/sell in a few years - throw on a few upgrades (pipes, A/C, TFI, etc.) & you'll have some extra gain for ~$500 - $900.

Just remember; it's your bike so do what feels right.

I've got a 883 sporty that i'm enjoying,but a few more horses/power would be nice.Can anyone give me a ball park figure to up it to 1200cc,thanks in advance :worthy

IF YOU LOOK UNDER my name BUBBIE .... ON MY OLD POSTS YOU CAN WEED THRU THEM AND FIND A LOT OF USEFUL INFORMATION ON 883 TO 1200'S conversion....

Hobbit is another one to look-see old post and many more of the MODS that are on this site ... NOTE UNDER a few of the mods POST..... under their name and picture is a sportster ...... plenty of QUESTIONS and ANSWERS reciently on this subject....

signed....BUBBIE

Back