free website stats program Balanced brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

Balanced brakes

jaceddie

Have any of you tried the Balanced brake system from Balancedbrake? Their website (balancedbrake.com) makes it sound good. As I understand, the gold wing has the same type braking. The foot brake operates the rear and one side of the front brake. The front brake handle still will operate as normal.

I bought a motto guzzi le mans in 1980 it had their linked braking system with the rear and left front brakes linked using the brake pedal and the brake handle operated the front right brake
on the linked system 30% to the rear 70% to the front it was fitted with brembo calipers and cast iron discs and would stop in half the distance of most bikes at that time
I was in the process of trying to get a hold of a motto guzzi splitter valve and retro fit to my bmw as the calipers and master cylinder were the same brembo parts
But i bought my sportster an lost interest in the bmw

Brian

As Brian pointed out, Linked Braking system was the early attempt at "protecting" riders from locking up the front wheel and insure use of both brakes being utilized to load suspension evenly while braking in a turn. It also helped to prevent unsettling the chassis with less front end "dive" during heavy braking at higher speeds, anti-dive and ABS followed soon after. Good stuff really, with Linked Braking the easiest and most simple to implement without a lot of technology to "get in the way".

Back