free website stats program Baker Drivetrain DD6 Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baker Drivetrain DD6 Install

YOU GUYS ain't gonna love me!!

I put in a rev-tec 6 speed***** OUCH DON'T EDIT ME YET!

I bot the GEAR SET from the JP catalog and ordered the one with the side door on... Putting it into the 2000 fxds box ... back in 2001 or 02 along with a built BIG TC motor.......
USING redline shockproof heavy and put on OVER 60,000 trouble free miles on that tranny and 117,000 on the bike when i traded it UP for my 09 FLHR...
It never miss a LICK and I'm sure it is still ticking....

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie we'll always love you, and you're right, that redline sp works miracles, beware though, don't take your bike to the UK, with 117,000 miles on the trans. you don't want to break down someplace where even a Polish tech won't work on it:rofl

Just a final two cents. I had heard that Baker had some great deals during Sturgis week. I wanted a DD6 bad and had planned to put one in anyways. I called Baker to see if they had the same deal for Sturgis (2009). They said they did and that they could book me in and it would take about 3/4 of a day to get it done. Here in Canada just to buy the parts (minus the speedo calibrator) was over $3000 US . Baker installed it all for me (including the calibrator) and gave the wife and I our pick of Baker shirts and threw in 3 quarts of the spectro lube (which is very hard to get in Canada) for $2600 . My buddies back here called Bull Hockey Pucks because they know how much the parts alone are. I had to show them the bill to get them to believe me? Anyways. It has shifted awesome and I'm very happy having a six speed. If you are gonna go to Sturgis and you are gonna buy anyways you won't get a better deal then that! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations CalgaryBikeBum you got a real deal, that's great and you'll enjoy the 6 speed every time you ride, and I couldnt do it at that price here for myself.
Maybe Sturgis is worth the ride:)

US $2,600 for an installed Baker DD6 is an excellent price considering the Builder's Kit is around $2,300!!

TQ

Back