free website stats program Baker DD7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baker DD7

Seems like it's a bit excessive with the lower ratios on the 09 bikes. Don't think I would care for 7 speeds but that's just me.:s

When it come to mods like this there are only two correct responces to the question WHY.
One is because I can
Two is because I wanted too.
That being said this is one of those aftermarket mods I have to ask WHY?

I would love to be able to cruise about 90 mph with a lower RPM to save fuel. A true overdrive (7th gear) without changing sprockets, and still have 1:1 ratio as my 6th gear:newsmile03:

baker and Jims do a .86 i think it is for orerdrive

Just a thought, with all the torque, it is hard to know what is the optimum gearing in actual application. What is the optimum gearing for a bike seems pretty subjective (look at the thread about shifting points other HDT bikers have posted).

I find in day to day use I have a tendency to want to shift too early in town, but too late when out on the motorway, just because I owned a Metric before (I don't have a tach on my bike) so shift by "feel" of the engine. Seems 70 mph in top gear on my 5 speed Sporty (with my respects to Smitty and the Law) :57: seems optimum for the motor (overdrive not withstanding) and shift points getting there seem to be 10-15mph over recommended owner' manual setting to not "lug" the engine. Is there a need for OD...I dunno... :unsure

I was at Biketoberfest just last weekend. Saw the Baker tent at the Speedway. They had tranny's and gear sets on display. I saw the DD7. Just for fun I asked the sales guy what they were selling for. He said,"$2895, or $3295 installed, plus tax.... I told him I was happy with my 6 speed... That Baker stuff sure is purrrdy though...

Back