Baisley spring

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by xxspark, Mar 24, 2010.

1. xxspark

xxspark Member

Does it make sense to use the Baisley spring with the high flow oil pump that comes with the SE tensioner upgrade kit? Just did a Stage 3 on my twin cam 88. My machanic said it will only ad to the oil pressure and thats a good thing.Thanks for any input.

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

My supplier recommends to use the stock spring with the roller chain conversion. I have 40 lbs press. most times on highway cruise.
    kemo

3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I happen to have one that I was running before the conversion. When I installed the new stuff, I DID NOT swap out the OEM spring. But I am gonna do so the first time I have a chance to open up the nose cone to check the new style hydraulic tensioner shoes to see how they are doing. I will do that somewhere around 5K miles. I WOULD NOT open up the nose cone just to swap out the spring if you have done the conversion (with the new pump). If you have a reason to do so, great.

TQ

4. Gezzer Glide

Gezzer Glide Active Member Contributor

I swaped mine and am running around 40lbs on the highway. If you are already running 40lbs, I dont see the need to change it.