free website stats program baisley o/p relief spring | Harley Davidson Forums

baisley o/p relief spring

kemo

R.I.P
I am going to change my cam tensioner system over to new hydralic style using 26N cams and S/E push rods and B lifters. Should I swap the o/p spring with my Baisley spring or keep the new support plate with the factory spring.

Last edited:
I am going to change my cam tensioner system over to new hydralic style using 26N cams and S/E push rods and B lifters. Should I swap the o/p spring with my Baisley spring or keep the new support plate with the factory spring.

I have an "03" UC with about 70k miles on it. About 10-15k miles ago I had oil pressure problems. Not sure if this was caused by bits of the cam chain tensioner jamming the slide, or the low oil pressure caused the tensioner to be damaged. Regardless, I changed out the slide, spring (to the Baisley) and the outer chain tensioner. Since, my oil pressure has been great after a few mile break in when the pressure seemed high. Now I am running in the 40's at highway, and between 10 and 15 when the oil is hot at idle.

So all that said, I do endorse the Baisley spring. It has made a big difference on my bike.

TQ

Kemo,

On your project, I am evaluating the choice between the new roller chain modification and gear drive. Let me know how it goes, and if you evaluated both options, I would be interested in your evaluation. Also, let me know where you got you kits for the up-grade in case I go that way too.

TQ

I put the spring in my 03 Superglide and feel that it eliminated some ticking at lower speeds. I asked the guys at Baisley about switching in thier spring if I decided to put the late model hydralic cam chain tensioner on and they recommended it.

I put the spring in my 03 Superglide and feel that it eliminated some ticking at lower speeds. I asked the guys at Baisley about switching in thier spring if I decided to put the late model hydralic cam chain tensioner on and they recommended it.

You would probably expect them to!! Remember that the up-grade to the '07+ style roller chain system includes a new oil pump too. May be enough not to need the Baisley spring. Don't want your pressure to be too high as Fisher points out. If you have both, try the OEM or the one that comes in the new support plate. If the pressure seems too low, then change.

TQ

The stock spring lookied like it was from Ace hardware and the Baisly spring had flat ends on it and just looked more trustworthy. Baisly has been building drag bikes and fine roadbike motors for as long as I can remember,never heard of Fisher off this Forum.

Back