free website stats program Bags For The Deuce | Harley Davidson Forums

Bags For The Deuce

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
Okay, I'm going to break down and get some type of baggage system for my deuce. I've been shopping around and I was thinking about some throw overs from Kuryakyn but after further investigation, I don't think that those will be the best choice, since my bike is so finicky. I am thinking of the luggage rack/back rest type set ups. I am hoping to start doing some longer trips this year, and when I ride to work on some of these really cold mornings, (I'm a whimp) I have to dress heavy in the morning but lighter in the evening. Such as full leathers and anything else I can put on going to work, but I can ride home in t-shirt & jeans.

Here's what I would like, a system that could expand some what to get me through a week long adventure, and a mid size type bag that would be good for taking to work to haul the cold weather gear back home or for weekend/day trips.

I have looked at some of the t-bag systems, I like them but I don't want a set up that will be way over my head going down the highway. I also, of course want to get by as cheap as possible, but not to the point of wasting money on stuff that I won't care for.

I have the luggage rack on the bike, it's measurements are @ 6 1/2" x 9" and the back rest on there is @ 7" wide & @ 9" high. It looks like the t-bags can be adjusted to fit that okay. Sorry, but it's hard for me to tell these things with pictures, I like to try them on or find out from folks who know.

I think my bike looks best with nothing but me on it :D but that is just not practical so I want something I can throw off and one easily depending on the ride. Local stuff around town, I'm going sleek & sporty, but anything of any distance and chance of weather, I like having an extra sweat shirt, rain suit, and anything else I may need. Thanks for any help.

Dowco has a line called 'Iron Rider'. It's a modular line of 5 different bags. We have a few pieces and really like them. Nice heavy construction. Well reinforced so they hold shape even empty. Priced by size from $50- 120, and you can find them on eBay for 25-50% off that. Here's their website....
DOWCO: Motorcycles

Thanks for the website. I'm looking at those along with some from saddlemen. I'm hoping to get a chance to look at a set some where along the way. Glad to hear the positive on the Dowco. That's my other problem, I guess most of the folks I know of have baggers of some sort, or don't need extra bags.

I'm trying! I've suggested that a dozen times..........He's starting to come around, he said I could sell the deuce & get the road king, but I'm saying that's not an option..........I'm getting there. After all, women don't trade their engagement rings in do they? That's my argument with the deuce. :bigsmiley11:

I was in Jim's H-D in Mendon, OH. today, and saw something you may be interested in. It was an expandable H-D backpack, half nylon, half leather, had shoulder straps to carry, and had a backrest mount on it. It was really pretty nice, but by the time we got done with my fiasco, I forgot to ask them how much it was...........sorry!

Hey, where's Mendon, never mind, I'll google it. I'd drive up there & check that out. I was actually looking at a similar bag made by Saddlemen, page 86 of the Drag Specialties 08 Fatbook. Yes, I have the page numbers memorized, but it's hard to try some thing by a picture.

I would make a special trip up there to check it out. I've been experimenting with my little duffle type bag, I could dig the back rest. I just haven't seen one like I'm looking at at any of the HD dealerships local here, Cincinnat, Mason, Xenia, and Dayton in the last week.

I'll be in WV this weekend, and I hope to make it down to the local HD store there in time to stop by before my nieces graduation. (That depends on how early I can get my tail out of bed in the nice, quiet, dark, cabin in the woods). Tough to drag myself away after being gone for so long. :D

I'll let you know what I get :D :D :D

Can you tell, I'm excited????

Back