free website stats program Bags for '03 FXDL | Harley Davidson Forums

Bags for '03 FXDL

I'm wanting saddlebags for my bike, but I've never had any experience with them on previous rides. I'm looking at the Willie & Max SB707 set which, I think, won't detract from the look of the bike. I don't need anything for long road trips, just something to carry a little weather gear, tools, etc. Opinion of the brand? Other model bags in the same brand....very hard to decide what's right online. Anyone have any photos of bags on a FXDL from side and rear?
The 707 is 12"x9.5"x5.5".
Thanks for any advice.

I'm wanting saddlebags for my bike, but I've never had any experience with them on previous rides. I'm looking at the Willie & Max SB707 set which, I think, won't detract from the look of the bike. I don't need anything for long road trips, just something to carry a little weather gear, tools, etc. Opinion of the brand? Other model bags in the same brand....very hard to decide what's right online. Anyone have any photos of bags on a FXDL from side and rear?
The 707 is 12"x9.5"x5.5".
Thanks for any advice.

Willie & Max have been around for a long time and the products I have seen from them are good quality. If your looking for throw over bags make sure you get the right standoffs and supports. You will also need to make sure that the underside of the piece that goes over the fender is padded so as not to damage the paint.

Here are a couple photos of the Harley synthetic leather one, 95064-06D, on my '07, which would fit your '03. They require a mounting kit and turn signal relocation kit, all of which I purchased from Zanotti. After 3.5 years / 46k miles have held up well.

They are removable with tools, and I use a set of stainless allen-head bolts to replace the bag mounting bolts. They look good and hold everything together.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Along Coronado Trail.JPG
    Along Coronado Trail.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 30
  • At Kitt Peak.JPG
    At Kitt Peak.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 34
I had the Willie and Max slant bags on a 02 Superglide, they worked out good use saddlebag supports and you will be fine, I cant find a picture right now but if you PM me i will look:s

I have had ACE brand leather slant bags on my Dya for about 16 yrs. The leather is pretty thick, and they have held up well with minimal upkeep from me. They are as large as I think look decent on a Dyna. They WERE quick disconnect, but the twist locks wore out, and I put screws in their place.
I use a couple pair of old black socks under the yoke to protect the fender.

000_0232.jpg

Attachments

• 000_0232.jpg
    000_0232.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Willie & Max are good bags, Hardstreet makes some nice hardbags for dynas but they are pricey. Basically for a Dyna you've got to get a bag that leaves a hollow space for the shocks OR move the bags out past the shocks OR move the bags back behind the shocks (at least 1-1/4 inches) to allow for upswing on hard bumps. I'm not sure if you're taking throwovers or hard mount.

I had these cheap throwovers that came with my bike and I took the fender harness off and mounted them to the bike's fender brace with aluminum angle I fabricated myself. Just never cared much for throwover mount. Pics below.

r_w_b-albums-misc+uploads-picture7009-bags.jpg

r_w_b-albums-misc+uploads-picture7007-bagger2.jpg

Back