free website stats program Bags and trunk deflecting exhaust sound? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bags and trunk deflecting exhaust sound?

I think the Andrews 26 cams are a good all around cam. They have a good lope sound. pull hard down low starting about 2000 rpm and through about 4600 or so. For exhaust look into Vance&Hines. The big shot true duals are one piece pipes with optional quiet baffles. I run the stock straight through baffles and they are plenty loud.

Thanks for all the advice. My bike is under the esp from Harley davidson. Will putting cams and exhaust effect and or void that warranty. From what I have read a lot of people say get rid of the warranty and do the unprades.

In theory, if you change cams, warranty on the valve train can be voided. The rest of the bike is not voided. It may be good to talk to your dealer. If they are hard line, just never mention the cam change to them. You might want to read up on the Magnuson-Moss law.

Go to youtube and search screaming eagle 204 cams. Midrange cam with lots of lope. Not a screaming high horsepower high speed but pulls good all the way through. Don't know about the others but I can tell you before the cams I was severely lacking in pulling power and now I can't even tell when the wife is on the back. You will get many opinions on this.
I think the 204 se might be a little light for a 2013. I have them in my 03 flh, and they will do till i go big boar. with the compression you have and the valve train you could go Andrews 57. I think your valve train can handle them without mods. If not the Andrews 37 with 0.510 lift will do.
The power range is about 2800 rpm straight up with the most tork at about 3500rpm but pul;ls right through the rev limiter.

Dont believe any thing HD tells you go with your gut

Changing the header will help. You can find headers without the cat converter pretty reasonable on EBay.
Actually no and yes HD will NOT warranty any other parts than their own let the buyer beware

Last edited by a moderator:
Back